Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERK tuning a Trike  (Read 1607 times)

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 flhtcuse 1
    • CVO2: 2007 flhtcuse 2
    • CVO3: 2008 flhtcuse 3
SERK tuning a Trike
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:29:02 AM »

I live in Canton, Georgia and was wondering if anyone knew of a Harley Dealer in the Southeast who has the dyno equpment to Race Tune my trike conversion?  My local dealers can only do two wheelers.  Harley just dropped the ball again as many trikes as they are selling.

Thanks.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: SERK tuning a Trike
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:37:11 AM »

I live in Canton, Georgia and was wondering if anyone knew of a Harley Dealer in the Southeast who has the dyno equpment to Race Tune my trike conversion?  My local dealers can only do two wheelers.  Harley just dropped the ball again as many trikes as they are selling.

Thanks.

Harley didn't drop the ball on this.  Don't know where you're coming from with that statement.  They are selling an EPA compliant three-wheeled vehicle that, technically and as far as they're concerned, you're not supposed to do anything to it, but ride it as it comes from the factory.  So why would they be responsible that the dealers haven't upgraded their dynos to handle three-wheeled vehicles?   :nixweiss:  There are still a lot of dealers out there that don't even have dynos.  Not the MoCo's fault.

:devil:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:39:22 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »

Then why do most dealers offer the SERT and every other type of performance muffler and intake accessory if the bikes are supposed to remain unaltered?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 04:04:14 PM »

Then why do most dealers offer the SERT and every other type of performance muffler and intake accessory if the bikes are supposed to remain unaltered?

Same reason the MoCo sells all that "Race Use Only" stuff to the dealers, to relieve you of more $$$$.  The fact that the EPA turns a blind eye to all of this doesn't mean what Harley and it's dealers do is even remotely legal, it isn't.

I would assume you will need to direct your question to the folks who make motorcycle dynomometers.  There may be some out there that were designed to handle trikes, but I'm not personally aware of one.  Fortunately, with some of the features available on the latest TTS or SEPST you can do a reasonable tune without a dyno.  Ask the experts on the site about doing a V-Tune or the SEPST equivalent.

As much as I love to rag on H-D, I have to agree with RedDevil.  It's not Harley's fault that chassis dyno's for three wheeled motorcycles aren't available.  If you want to blame H-D for anything, blame them for putting out a product that is so poor in stock form that it needs modification and tuning to run worth a chit.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
Same reason the MoCo sells all that "Race Use Only" stuff to the dealers, to relieve you of more $$$$.  The fact that the EPA turns a blind eye to all of this doesn't mean what Harley and it's dealers do is even remotely legal, it isn't.

I would assume you will need to direct your question to the folks who make motorcycle dynomometers.  There may be some out there that were designed to handle trikes, but I'm not personally aware of one.  Fortunately, with some of the features available on the latest TTS or SEPST you can do a reasonable tune without a dyno.  Ask the experts on the site about doing a V-Tune or the SEPST equivalent.

As much as I love to rag on H-D, I have to agree with RedDevil.  It's not Harley's fault that chassis dyno's for three wheeled motorcycles aren't available.  If you want to blame H-D for anything, blame them for putting out a product that is so poor in stock form that it needs modification and tuning to run worth a chit.

Jerry
:2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 08:38:11 PM »

I live in Canton, Georgia and was wondering if anyone knew of a Harley Dealer in the Southeast who has the dyno equpment to Race Tune my trike conversion?  My local dealers can only do two wheelers.  Harley just dropped the ball again as many trikes as they are selling.

Thanks.

I see you cruising around from time to time. There is one guy in Canton that has a trike dyno.

Which tuner product do you have? SEPro, SEStreet, TTS or other?

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 07:06:33 AM »

Glad you shouted out Mr. Wizard. Mine is the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner Kit with CD part number 32111-08.  Who is doing tuning??  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim McDonald

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 08:36:10 AM »

Jim

Sent you an email so look in your spam folder if you don't see it.

Kraut Hartman (Hartman Cycles) on 20 at E. Cherokee has a trike Dyno.

-wiz

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.