Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Flash2Pass Garage Door Opener Installation Report  (Read 9220 times)

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Diamond Black Inferno Orange SESG

• CVO1: '04 SEEG Orange / Black
    • CVO2: '10 SESG Tequilla Sunrise
    • CVO3: '11 SESG Diamond Black / Inferno Orange
Re: Flash2Pass Garage Door Opener Installation Report
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »

I had an 04 SEEG and the unit came with the bike and was built in, the only part that I had to hook up was the receiver for the garage door operater itself. It worked well except for the range. I recently purchased a 2010 SESG and it did not come with it, would anyone recomend the Harley unit available through parts or an aftermarket version? Thanks!
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:10 PM »

I can tell you I was considering the HD unit until I read the installation instructions. Holy cow, what were they thinking?  :nixweiss:  When I got to the step where they said to refer to the shop manual for removing the tank, I stopped right there. Check it a out and you'll see what I mean. The F2P unit was about as simple as it gets and no wire cutting was necessary. So far it has been working perfectly.

Mike V.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:42:56 AM by MikeV »
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 10:14:59 PM »

Hope it works as advertised, have one on the way.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 10:26:31 AM »

Hope it works as advertised, have one on the way.

Just put one in also.....you won't be disappointed

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 03:19:19 AM »

After reading about everyones experience with the Flash2pass I decided to put one on my FLSTSE. It does not fit in the headlight and the wires are a tough push through the headlight harness (even with a small stiff wire for a guide) so I just drilled a hole next to the harness hole the correct size for a grommet, shrinktubed the wires for the transmitter so they would have a snug fit through the grommet, and zip tied the transmitter to the forktube behind the chrome steering column cover. I am not worried about the wire taps as they are "Posilock" taps. I have been using them in auto applications for years and never had a problem with them, and the new taps (in this kit) work without cutting any wires. There may be issues since weather may get into the nacelle but it seems to me there would need to be a lot of water laying in the connector for any problems to develop.
 I had an issue with the receiver not having the proper power from the garage door wall mount doorbell button. I called Flash2pass and they told me to get a wallwart power supply as specificed in the directions (9 to 36 volt with a 1.3mm ID center positive plug) but the directions do not specify the amps or milliamps to use. I have that info at home and will post when I get home..<sorry! my memory is not the same as it used to be :-X>  Anyway, I went to Radio Shack and bought their Enercell­ 9V/300mA AC Adaptor (I THINK) and use an Enercell Adaptaplug with the 1.3mm ID (Inside Diameter) center positive adaptor for the end. (polarity depends on which way you install the adaptor to the power supply).
While on the phone and since I was keeping the original doorbell button to open the door since it was a multifunction unit, Flash2pass recommended attaching the receiver at least 10 inches away from the actual opener, near the ceiling, with the blinking LED facing the garage door. They indicated it would potentially receive a better signal there because it is closer to the garage door and on or near the ceiling whereas most of the doorbell buttons are near the back of the garage close to the garage entry door to the home.

Hope this is clearer than mud and helps someone out there! I will post the milliamp speck of the powersupply...I KNOW it is under 1000 milliamps... I think it was 300 to 500??
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:09:49 PM by CVOpilot »

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 12:16:20 PM »

I had an issue with the receiver not having the proper power from the garage door wall mount doorbell button. I called Flash2pass and they told me to get a wallwart power supply as specificed in the directions (9 to 36 volt with a 1.3mm ID center positive plug) but the directions do not specify the amps or milliamps to use. I have that info at home and will post when I get home..<sorry! my memory is not the same as it used to be :-X>  Anyway, I went to Radio Shack and bought their Enercell­ 9V/300mA AC Adaptor (I THINK) and use an Enercell Adaptaplug with the 1.3mm ID (Inside Diameter) center positive adaptor for the end. (polarity depends on which way you install the adaptor to the power supply).
Hope this is clearer than mud and helps someone out there! I will post the milliamp speck of the powersupply...I KNOW it is under 1000 milliamps... I think it was 300 to 500??

The above is correct (I know, I corrected it this morning :-) from my previous post....  Wallwart powersupply in the 9V DC to 36V Dc with a 1.3mm center positive ring plug, 300 to 500 milliamp output.

I used the Radio Shack Enercell wall wart because it has interchangable tips.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »

Mine was powered just fine with only the power from the opener. I guess it depends on which model you have.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »

Mine was powered just fine with only the power from the opener. I guess it depends on which model you have.

MikeV

Yea... Thats what they said at Flash2pass... Some openers do not supply enough juice...!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »

I put the Flash2Pass unit on my non-Harley bike a couple of weeks ago.  My 08 SEUC came with the HD unit pre-installed.  They both work great.  The difference is the price. 
So far, based on my experience, I recommend the Flash2Pass unit.  I am actually thinking about putting them on my car and truck.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.