Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Top End Noise  (Read 4285 times)

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
Re: Top End Noise
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 02:24:54 PM »

Yep they all do it.

S&S lifters and adj push rods cured the top end noise on mine . Changed them out when the engine had 800 miles on it.
A lot of topend noise is caused by the valve seats not being concentric with the valves . They touch the seat then slide a little sideway`s making the clatter. Blue printing cures it.

Blue printing cures it.   I guess I do not understand how "blueprinting" would cure a problem that "all" the 110's make. Blueprinting means to put back as the blueprints were from the factory. So if you put it back to factory specs, it only seems reasonable to me that it would still make the same noise that it came from the factory with?? Or am I missing something? :nixweiss:

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Top End Noise
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 05:28:52 PM »

Blue printing cures it.   I guess I do not understand how "blueprinting" would cure a problem that "all" the 110's make. Blueprinting means to put back as the blueprints were from the factory. So if you put it back to factory specs, it only seems reasonable to me that it would still make the same noise that it came from the factory with?? Or am I missing something? :nixweiss:

The factory presses in the seats and guides pops on a seal then the springs and valves and calls it done. They all make noise doing this.
Cutting the seats concentric to the guides and a good three angle grind on the seats let the valve seat center, eliminating the click.

Dewey's or PMS can do a good set of heads.

Now for the crank. :beatdeadhorse: It never ends as long as you have money.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.