Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Friend killed in crash yesterday  (Read 5726 times)

Bubba Love

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Friend killed in crash yesterday
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 11:28:11 AM »

Join the A.M.A...They are trying to introduce legislation in numerous states to charge people who make mistakes like this...Sorry it had to come at the loss of another motorcyclist!!!  My condolences.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »

So sorry to hear this. 

I wonder if someone in the procession intentionally (and unwittingly) left a space for the lady to squeeze through just as if they were in normal stopped traffic.  If I do this, I always check my right mirror (their blind spot) for traffic comming up on my right that they cant see...then wave them through

If this is the case here, then it is a tragic accident with no one to blame.  If this isn't the case...then hammer the lady.

Here in GA, all traffic in all directions is required to stop until the funeral procession passes.  I've even seen this on a divided highway!   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »

So sorry to hear this. 

I wonder if someone in the procession intentionally (and unwittingly) left a space for the lady to squeeze through just as if they were in normal stopped traffic.  If I do this, I always check my right mirror (their blind spot) for traffic comming up on my right that they cant see...then wave them through
If this is the case here, then it is a tragic accident with no one to blame.  If this isn't the case...then hammer the lady.

Here in GA, all traffic in all directions is required to stop until the funeral procession passes.  I've even seen this on a divided highway!   
:jack:....

From my many defensive driving courses I would discourage all from doing this.... when you "wave someone thru" you are directing traffic and assuming some of the responsibility if they were to get into an accident. The best thing to do if you want to extend this courtesy is to stop and let the other car proceed at their own risk and actually this maneaver shouldn't be done if it's dual/multiple lanes of traffic. Even though you have stopped vehicles in the lanes beside you nine times out of ten will not stop/yield.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »

:jack:....

From my many defensive driving courses I would discourage all from doing this.... when you "wave someone thru" you are directing traffic and assuming some of the responsibility if they were to get into an accident. The best thing to do if you want to extend this courtesy is to stop and let the other car proceed at their own risk and actually this maneaver shouldn't be done if it's dual/multiple lanes of traffic. Even though you have stopped vehicles in the lanes beside you nine times out of ten will not stop/yield.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I agree with Gary 100%. People need to keep moving even during regular traffic. We have a SYSTEM...once the path is CLEAR then you can turn. Sorry for the  :jack: as well....

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04:49 PM »

so sorry for the loss of your friend, Jerry.  My thoughts & prayers go out to his family & friends.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.