Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: iPod control for 2011 SERGU  (Read 1579 times)

jstartz

iPod control for 2011 SERGU
« on: November 26, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »

I am somewhat technically challenged or not seeing something in the manual regarding operating the ipod.  Can you turn off the ipod (from the handle bar or radio controls) when turning the ignition switch off on the bike?  When I stop the bike and later come back to start it up, I find that the ipod has continued to play while the bike ignition was turned off (as an example, if I turn it off while song 1 of a playlist was on and come back later and start up the bike, the ipod is now playing song 8 of the playlist). 

I understand the ipod charges if the ignition switch is on or on accessories.  So if the ipod continues to remain on while the bike is off, then the ipod battery is getting used up.  Having to open up the saddle bag to turn off the ipod is a bit of a hassle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: iPod control for 2011 SERGU
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »

I am somewhat technically challenged or not seeing something in the manual regarding operating the ipod.  Can you turn off the ipod (from the handle bar or radio controls) when turning the ignition switch off on the bike?  When I stop the bike and later come back to start it up, I find that the ipod has continued to play while the bike ignition was turned off (as an example, if I turn it off while song 1 of a playlist was on and come back later and start up the bike, the ipod is now playing song 8 of the playlist). 

I understand the ipod charges if the ignition switch is on or on accessories.  So if the ipod continues to remain on while the bike is off, then the ipod battery is getting used up.  Having to open up the saddle bag to turn off the ipod is a bit of a hassle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's a good question.  I found that if I push the power button on the HK radio before shutting the bike down, the iPod will continue from where it was when I turn the radio back on.  However, if I just shut the bike off, sometimes the iPod will pick up where it left off, and then sometimes it forgets the playlist I was on and starts playing a new song.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

jstartz

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »

Thanks Red Devil.

I will try your suggestion. 

jstartz

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:55:54 PM »

That's a good question.  I found that if I push the power button on the HK radio before shutting the bike down, the iPod will continue from where it was when I turn the radio back on.  However, if I just shut the bike off, sometimes the iPod will pick up where it left off, and then sometimes it forgets the playlist I was on and starts playing a new song.

Yep that seemed to work.  Thanks again.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 10:14:33 PM »

Yep that seemed to work.  Thanks again.

:2vrolijk_21: Anytime..

2012 FLHXSE3

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 10:33:33 AM »

It must turn itself off after a while because when I checked the iPod it was off and I had not turned the radio off as RedDevil suggested - just turned the ignition off. 

For a while my iPod would pick back up where it left off but lately it has been starting all over at the first song.  I had it on 'shuffle' but somehow I guess it got off that? ? ?

When I have the iPod selected on the HK and I turn the ignition on the iPod starts synching.  Oftentimes it fails and I have to go through all the input sources until I come back to the iPod and then it synchs up fine.

Personally I am not a big fan of the iPod.  8 gb is not enough memory for all the songs I want to have.  I really like the micro SD cards on the Zumo 660.  I may have to get the rear aux added to my HK so I can play music from the Zumo.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:16 PM »

It must turn itself off after a while because when I checked the iPod it was off and I had not turned the radio off as RedDevil suggested - just turned the ignition off. 

For a while my iPod would pick back up where it left off but lately it has been starting all over at the first song.  I had it on 'shuffle' but somehow I guess it got off that? ? ?

When I have the iPod selected on the HK and I turn the ignition on the iPod starts synching.  Oftentimes it fails and I have to go through all the input sources until I come back to the iPod and then it synchs up fine.

Personally I am not a big fan of the iPod.  8 gb is not enough memory for all the songs I want to have.  I really like the micro SD cards on the Zumo 660.  I may have to get the rear aux added to my HK so I can play music from the Zumo.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 07:28:53 PM »

Mine does the same thing Jerry.  It goes into sleep mode when I shut the ignition off, but I never know if it's going to pick back up from where it left off, or start all over.  The little trick about shutting the radio off before shutting the bike off I discovered by accident, and it's worked every time.  It always picks up where I left off and remembers everything if I do that. 

2012 FLHXSE3

Riders Claw

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Rider's Claw, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »

I pull mine out of my Rider's Claw mount... turn it off... and put it in my pocket.
Always turns off that way and I don't have to worry about it getting stolen.
Just my 2 cents... but tehn I'm somewhat biased.   ;D

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.