Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hot citrus FLHXSE3 about to get a little hotter!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4610 times)

mmcghee

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Hot citrus FLHXSE3 about to get a little hotter!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 01:58:48 AM »

Sounds like a great day. I'd invite myself to tag along but have too many plans today.

Would love to have you along for a ride anytime! We took RT93 all the way to Ironton crossed the river into Kentucky and rode the back roads to Cincinnati then came back up 71. 680 miles and 18 hrs I am finally home.

mmcghee

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 09:06:53 AM »

Have fun on your ride today, and ride safe. Gonna be a world of difference from stock! :2vrolijk_21:
Ken,

Its like night and day! My tuner set the RPM limiter at 4500 because he knows how I am and he didn't want me romping on it until it was broken in and he didn't want me on the highway until I had 250 miles on the motor either. We were on back roads the first 400  miles yesterday then on the highway! Sure was nice not having g to down shift to make a pass! Twist and go.

Whatever tune he did to the bike works great! No decell pop and runs very smooth. The motor is so quite compared to stock.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »

Ken,

Its like night and day! My tuner set the RPM limiter at 4500 because he knows how I am and he didn't want me romping on it until it was broken in and he didn't want me on the highway until I had 250 miles on the motor either. We were on back roads the first 400  miles yesterday then on the highway! Sure was nice not having g to down shift to make a pass! Twist and go.

Whatever tune he did to the bike works great! No decell pop and runs very smooth. The motor is so quite compared to stock.

AWESOME! There are different schools of thought on break in... But better to not blow up the engine right away.

If it's quieter than stock with those roller rockers, your builder must have really gotten the pushrod lash dialed in perfectly. What lifters did he use? Probably not H-D ones if it's quieter. Not using H-D lifters in a build like that would be a good idea. Hell, not using H-D lifters at ALL is a good idea!

Glad it's running well. Sounds like a good tune!  :2vrolijk_21:

My wife just bought a green and black full face helmet yesterday to match her little candy lime green Ninja 650, and she wants to go out for a spin today to test it out. She has one of those radio/cell phone headset thingies so she can listen to music while riding, and she wants to see how it works in the new helmet. She doesn't have 400 watts and eight speakers on that little scooter like the Honey Badger and your bike do!   :orange: :bananarock: :orange:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.