Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paint Problems  (Read 2239 times)

FXDF_Rogue

Paint Problems
« on: December 08, 2010, 06:09:32 PM »

Has anyone had any issues with their paint on the 2011?   I had a spot on the back bottom inside corners of my bags, closest to the pipes where the paint appeared to be burned off.  There was no sign of chipping or denting, just the paint was missing down to the base material of the bags.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
Re: Paint Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:34:10 PM »

Mine had 5 parts replaced due to dirt in the paint,blemishes under clear coat and Missed paainting on the fairing ,So far all have been replaced  just waiting for the new fairing

RK2K

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:51:18 PM »

Mine was flawless. After reading some of the posts, I went over it inch by inch, and could'nt find any imperfections.
Kuryakyn Crusher Duals
CFR Slipons
TTI Mastertune

FXDF_Rogue

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

Mine has been fine since, but the MoCo refused to fix it since it wasn't visible from a distance.  Luckily, my dealership had it painted for me by their local painter at their cost.

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »

I had Three Paint Issues when I picked up my bike the MOCO replaced both Saddle Bags & one side cover, it took about two months.  Just small blems in the paint that I found looking at every inch of the bike when I picked it up. I also had a blem in my right rear turn signal lense, they replaced that as well.

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:25:46 AM »

Mine had a scratch in the outer fairing the dealer showed me before delivery. He said they would replace it. It came in last week and they installed it. I went home and started detailing it and found little specks in the black under the clear coat. I took it back to the dealer and they had the HD rep come look at it. He said it was within spec and I'd have to live with it. After he left (I was pissed), I had the dealer put the old one back on. I'd rather live with a tiny scratch than obviously defective paint work. That blows my mind that this is what they call their premium ride; just not premium quality.
2011 FLHXSE2

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 09:47:49 AM »

Mine had a run in the clearcoat on the top of the gas tank. Saw it the second I walked over to the bike. Lucky for me the dealer had another bike that was the same as mine so I took delivery of that one instead.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 02:30:29 PM »

Mine had a scratch in the outer fairing the dealer showed me before delivery. He said they would replace it. It came in last week and they installed it. I went home and started detailing it and found little specks in the black under the clear coat. I took it back to the dealer and they had the HD rep come look at it. He said it was within spec and I'd have to live with it. After he left (I was pissed), I had the dealer put the old one back on. I'd rather live with a tiny scratch than obviously defective paint work. That blows my mind that this is what they call their premium ride; just not premium quality.

More like their premium PRICE, regardless of quality. 

Customer service is optional, btw, and obviously you didn't pay the extra premium for that.  Of course, you could take it up with someone at Harley a little higher in the food chain.  Some of their so-called reps are about as useless and clueless as teats on a bull; you might find someone with a little more appreciation for a $30k plus customer at corporate.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 12:45:32 AM »

The dealer gave me the HD Customer Service line. I'm definitely calling them next week. >:(
2011 FLHXSE2

Beavskis

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 03:55:35 PM »

I recievd mine last week and had blemishes in the Diamond Black on the saddle bags

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.