Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LED turn signal feed back thru radio  (Read 3296 times)

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
LED turn signal feed back thru radio
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:25:09 PM »

Installed Custom Dynamics 'bullet' led turn signal kit inclusive of front & rear LEDs that plug into the 1157 & 1156 OEM sockets, along with their load equalizer for 2011 HD that plugs in-line of the wiring harness, once installed, I receive static feedback on signal pulses thru the radio speakers on AM and FM stations, per their supplied instructions - if static is prevalent then cut power supply wire for load equalizer and install fused link and connect to + on battery, did so and continue to have static feedback. Contacted Custom Dynamics tech, said that due to the amplifier furnished on the CVO roadglide ultra and the standard CVO ultra the static will continue, on bikes without the amplifier the equalizer will eliminate the static feedback when connected to the battery as noted above, no fix for the CVO RGU or CVO Ultra that they know of.
I would think that I'm not the only person that installed led turn signals on a CVO roadglide or ultra, Does any body have a fix? or do I just listen to XM (static not heard on xm stations).   

HD4CPA

• Full CVO Member
Re: LED turn signal feed back thru radio
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 04:03:10 PM »

I have their load equalizer too.  As you stated no interference on XM but I do get some noise on my favorite FM station when the turn signal is on and I am far enough away that the station is weak.  I don't get any noise otherwise.  You may want to exchange the unit.  This is my second one, I had more problems with the initial unit.  Custom Dynamics exchanged it they were also willing to refund my money if I wasn't satisfied with the second unit.
Mods:
Vance & Hines Power Duals
Fullsac 2" baffles
TTS Mastertune
Integrated XM Stereo
Hogtune Speakers
Hog Pod
HID Lighting
C&C Solo Seat
1" Floorboard Extenders

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »

I have the Custom Dynamics LED front/rear turnlights on my 2010..  I am using the Kuryakyn run/brake module with 2 Kuryakyn alarm compatible load equalizers.  No static (knock wood) thru speakers on am/fm..  Hope this helps.

(I already had the Kuryakyn run/brake module and controllers with Kuryakyn LED's-saw Custom Dynamics display at Daytona and saw how much brighter their leds were so installed their lights only).

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 06:13:23 PM »

I have the Custom Dynamics LED front/rear turnlights on my 2010..  I am using the Kuryakyn run/brake module with 2 Kuryakyn alarm compatible load equalizers.  No static (knock wood) thru speakers on am/fm..  Hope this helps.

(I already had the Kuryakyn run/brake module and controllers with Kuryakyn LED's-saw Custom Dynamics display at Daytona and saw how much brighter their leds were so installed their lights only).

Thanks for the responses,
HD4CPA, Custom Dynamics answer was that they could not do anything more, no offer or suggestion to replace the equalizer.
Boatman, is there a reason for the dual equalizers? maybe that is the answer?

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 07:30:30 PM »

Thanks for the responses,
HD4CPA, Custom Dynamics answer was that they could not do anything more, no offer or suggestion to replace the equalizer.
Boatman, is there a reason for the dual equalizers? maybe that is the answer?

I had to use two Kuryakyn load equalizers on my 05 SEEG and 10 SEUC with LED turnlights because with just one equalizer, my turnsignals would flash normally about 3 flashes and then flash rapidly.  

On my 05, one equalizer was under the seat and the other one under the fairing wired to the front signal wiring.  On the 10, I wired in both equalizers under the seat at the taillight plug with the run/stop controller.

Take their offer to try another equalizer first.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:34:28 PM by Boatman »

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 07:44:57 AM »

I ran Kuryakyn on my 2005 and now have them on my 2009 with no problems.
Bill

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.