Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SESG Handling: Is it my imagination or is it better?  (Read 982 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
SESG Handling: Is it my imagination or is it better?
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:38:57 PM »

I am a convert from a full Granny Glide... To the HD original colours orange and black CVO Street Glide.  I really liked the look of the new CVO Ultra in the Cherry red and black flames, and had one been available I might have done it but made the box removable when running solo...  BUT:

The SESG sold me with the extended boxes around the exhaust, and the lowered look.  I am adding the CVO Passing Lights onto my SESG and already have V&H headers, and a modded Super Trap Mufflers with O discs and inverted cone opened for a trumpet ended exhaust that is loud and low....  I can upgrade the SESG to a full Tourer if I want, with a docking station and a black back box so I have not lost anything.   My feeling is that my 2011 SESG seems to handle better....  Anybody get that feeling?  I almost downgraded a full Ultra Tourer to a Street Glide, and now am thinking I am better off with the SG upgrade to Tourer if I want that top box.

It is more than just the absence of the back box weight and windage, it seems to handle on the curves better.  Is it just that there is no air shock suspension?  The rear tyre of my 2011 Ultra Classic EG was wider, but the CVO SESG seems to hang into the curves better and tracks better.....   Like even on the straight: Look Ma, no hands... Easy peazy.... 

Anyone else get that feeling the SESG handles better?  I stumbled into this with luck, but now think the Street Glide is just better even if one wanted the full Tourer Pack.  Anyone else experience this?

Cowboy 2, passing lights for old school, and angled out looking for roos in Australia... 8)

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
Re: SESG Handling: Is it my imagination or is it better?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 04:26:49 AM »

Love the handling of mine - I was super surprised the first time I hooked into some serious corners - not an issue for the girl.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »

I haven't personally rode both but I have heard this same thing from somebody that has......saying the SESG handles so much better than the SEUC, even though my SESG has a King Tour Pack on the back. :nixweiss:  I thought he was just trying to swell my head........so I let him. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »

The Ultra Glide has a wider tyre....

But the Street Glide is lower, about 4 inches in the back and 2 inches in the middle...  It seems to sock into the corners without the drift...  Or is it just my imagination?  Maybe a combo of spring over shocks instead of air?   

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.