Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2006 Ultra SE wiring?  (Read 1365 times)

heartshot

2006 Ultra SE wiring?
« on: January 25, 2011, 12:21:10 PM »

:-\I've bought a 2006 Ultra SE with less than 8,0000 miles on it from a dealer. The previous owner has added some very nice extras to the bike. One of these is a "quick disconnect" for the tour pack. Now, when the tour pack is on
( when momma wants to ride), there isn't any way to hook up the rear speakers, CB antenna, power booster, intercom/ radio control buttons, and  although there are leads coming out of the seat ....I cannot find where the heated seat plugs into.
What I am trying to figure out is how this tour pack was wired from the factory.  There are a couple of plugs with nothing running to them. I think there must be a wiring harness missing.
Where is a good place to find an original electrical schematic.....shouldn't I be able to order one from a dealer? Is a service manual for this year of bike going to have a "good enough" diagram it it for what I need? Some pictures of your similar bike...with the seat off , I think would be very helpfull ....at least for where this seat is suppose to plug in.  I Thank you in advance for any help or advice you may provide. ;D

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 2006 Ultra SE wiring?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »

The HD Service Manual Supplement for your bike has very complete wiring diagrams.

As for the heated seat connector, making the tour pak detachable doesn't involve the heated seat connector per se.  If the previous owner used a differenct seat, e.g. solo seat for use with the tp off the bike, it's likely the connector for the heated seat was unplugged during the seat swaps.

If the previous owner simply unplugged the amp connector and those for the rear speaker pods, you can easily reconnect those as well as the antenna connectors.  The amp connector will only go on one-way, and the speaker pod connectors will have wire colors that are left/right specific; you may need to fish the pod connectors out of the pods, but their wire colors will match the wire colors of the longer harnesses that mate with them.

Carl

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 2006 Ultra SE wiring?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 02:09:19 PM »

If the previous owner didn't remove it, and there would be no reason to do so, the seat connector should be just in front of the battery compartment under the seat.  There's a bit of a "hole" there, and if memory serves me, there should be two connectors there...one only works when the accessory switch on the dash is turned on...that's NOT the one you want.  The other connector has power to it whenever the ignition swithch is on...that's the one you want to use.  You may have to get a flashlight and look for it, then fish it out with your fingers.   :nixweiss:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.