Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: memory card for zumo 660 and downloading music  (Read 4143 times)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
memory card for zumo 660 and downloading music
« on: March 13, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »

in the process of downloading my music from itunes to the memory card... it looks like mp4 files.. will they play??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:44:07 AM by HEADPAN62 »
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
Re: memory card for zumo 660 and downloading music
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:40:54 AM »

I transferred my iTunes library over and they played,

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »

really? Well I'm not impressed with the souind quality at all. sounds way better out of my ipod
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:33:14 AM »

would not play my itunes like yours did. you must had converted the files to mp3.... from what itunes uses, which is mp4
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »

I didn't convert anything, I just opened windows explorer and copied the files across. I agree with HEADPAN62 the sound was not impressive so I pulled the memory card out and went back to using the iPod.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »

From what I've read. The iTunes (M4P) need to be in MP3 format. You can set iTunes CD import settings to MP3. Re-import all your music from CDs.

Music purchased from the iTunes store in M4P format needs to be burned to a CD then imported to iTunes to become MP3. Lot of work. Create a playlist of select iTunes songs then burn to a cd then re-import as MP3.

There is software for purchase that will mimic a virtual CD drive that makes the task much easier in that the music is loaded in a partition on your hard drive then imported to iTunes.

All of my CD music that I made into MP3 format and play on the 665 sounds way better and louder than the satellite radio. (I have yet to convert the M4P type purchased from iTunes.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:51:04 AM by D31960 »
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 03:11:56 PM »

From what I've read. The iTunes (M4P) need to be in MP3 format. You can set iTunes CD import settings to MP3. Re-import all your music from CDs.

Music purchased from the iTunes store in M4P format needs to be burned to a CD then imported to iTunes to become MP3. Lot of work. Create a playlist of select iTunes songs then burn to a cd then re-import as MP3.
There is software for purchase that will mimic a virtual CD drive that makes the task much easier in that the music is loaded in a partition on your hard drive then imported to iTunes.

All of my CD music that I made into MP3 format and play on the 665 sounds way better and louder than the satellite radio. (I have yet to convert the M4P type purchased from iTunes.)

Do an internet search for "MP4 to MP3 converter" or something like that. You can find free converters and don't have to go through the wringer you're going through now.
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 05:37:04 PM »

I converted my Itunes to MP3 and agree the sound quality sucks on th Zumo 660.
2013 CVO Roadglide

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 01:50:32 PM »

I have learned not to rip my music with iTunes and to store my music in a completely separate folder not associated with iTunes.  IMO, iTunes 'sucks' because of Apple's property conversion process and if your not careful using iTunes, your music library can become useless with other players. I rip and store my music (MP3) in a separate hard drive & folder which i use strictly for my music server. I use both a Mac desktop and laptop and I use MAX to encode all my music and Decibel to play my music, both are free downloads. If i download any music with iTunes, I keep that music in a separate iTunes folder on my music server.  iTunes has a way to dominate and take over your stored music, so be careful, don't mix iTunes files with other MP3 files. And as far as sound quality, the decoder chip in the Garmin GPS is not a quality chip. In other words, your music sounds much better with any manufacture MP3 player verses the on-board Garmin GPS player. I have a SanDisk MP3 player and when i play music using the SanDisk ported through the Aux. the music quality is as good as it gets. When i take the same SD Card and play the same music using my Garmin GPS player,,, YUK  :( The sound quality you guys are having has nothing to do with your music files, it's simply the crappy player in the Garmin GPS system...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:43:30 AM by cvobiker »

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »

e-mail me and send me a 8GB card and i will load it with 1,254 songs MP3 format.  wide variety, mainly 60's-90's
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 01:50:15 AM »

e-mail me and send me a 8GB card and i will load it with 1,254 songs MP3 format.  wide variety, mainly 60's-90's

Be careful, the music copyright cops will become your best friend in short order.... Happend to a friend of mine in 2003,,,, he is still paying for the mess he got in..  :o

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.