Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ABS light is staying on  (Read 1146 times)

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
ABS light is staying on
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »

I'm wasn't sure if this should go in the brakes or electronics section so I took a shot here knowing the moderators will move it if need be.

About 70 miles into a ride yesterday the ABS light came on and won't go off. I'm going to take it to my dealer Tuesday to get it checked out but I have a couple of questions you guys can probably help me with.

I just installed Ride Time Technologies modules to make the tourpak corner and side lights act as turn signals and I'm wondering if they could have anything to do with the ABS light coming on? I don't think so because it was off when I left the house and came about an 1 1/2 hours later but I'd appreciate more experienced opinions.

Nothing unusual was going on  when the light came on, I was just cruising down a winding country road. Could the light be a fluke? Is there any way I can clear the light, and ride again to see if it comes back on?

Thanks,

Joe

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Re: ABS light is staying on
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »

Normally that would indicate air in your brake line, but in your case, I'm not sure how that could of happened.  Have you changed bars?

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »

No, haven't changed the bars. This was the first good ride I've taken since I bought it in January. The only change I made that I could even kind of relate to the brakes was the tourpak lights. My dealers service dept isn't open today and I'm working out of town tomorrow. I'm planning to run it over to them Tuesday to get it checked out. It just bugs me that it happened so I thought I'd ask about it here.

Thanks for responding.

Tweet

• Tweet
  • 1K CVO Member
    • WY

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »

Hey Joe,

I would take a hard look at the ABS wiring coming down from the fairing to the left front brake caliper.  The only experience I have had with the ABS is when my dealer installed my front wheel on backwards, resulting in the ABS sensor in the wheel bearing being on the right side instead of the left.  Consequently, the ABS module would not see the wheel speed sensor and turned on the ABS light.  I would check this wiring and see if it possible was damaged while driving.

Tweet

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »

Thanks Tweet. I'll take a look!

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »

To Follow up:

I went out to look at the wiring to the left front caliper and found that it had come unplugged at the connector just below the fairing. Plugged it back in and all is well.

Thanks a million Tweet!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:30:17 PM by JoeVibe »

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.