Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NEW PRODUCT: 300W (75W x 4-channels) in-fairing amp from Rockford Fosgate  (Read 2953 times)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member

Rockford Fosgate introduced at the recent CES an amp that is slightly smaller than the Arc 125.2/J&M 250W two-channel amps (i.e. it will fit atop an HK radio inside the fairing of an EG/SG) that offers 300W (75W x four channels) with a list price of $239.95:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=6&family_id=21&item_id=120465&locale=en_US&p_status=

I'm not an audiophile or a tech guy, so I have no experience with RF products, the different amplifier classes, etc. 

Frankly, I'm quite satisfied with the Arc 125.2 I'm currently using to drive the fairing lower speakers I installed recently with the HK head unit taking care of the fairing speakers. 

Credit goes to the guy on HDForums.com who posted about this amp in their Audio section for bringing it to my attention.

Carl

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE

Not a bad price.....I am anxious to see pricing on the 4 speaker kit with AMP for the SESG2 that J&M is releasing in the spring.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD

Interesting that they don't list the ouput power under load.
The specs say 75W/ch but do not mention if that is at 4 ohms, 8 ohms, 2 ohms etc.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG

Interesting that they don't list the ouput power under load.
The specs say 75W/ch but do not mention if that is at 4 ohms, 8 ohms, 2 ohms etc.

It's 4 ohm under load

Mark

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: NEW PRODUCT: 300W (75W x 4-channels) in-fairing amp from Rockford Fosgate
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 12:29:55 PM »

Price is now being shown as $269; $30 increase and the product hasn't shipped, yet!

Now showing May ship date although I spoke to an RF dealer a week ago and he said he was expecting them in a week.   ???

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
Re: NEW PRODUCT: 300W (75W x 4-channels) in-fairing amp from Rockford Fosgate
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »

Not a bad price.....I am anxious to see pricing on the 4 speaker kit with AMP for the SESG2 that J&M is releasing in the spring.
I wrote to J&M to query about the status as I am interested in the same sentence.  Within an hour, on a Sunday, John wrote the below.

The J&M 7.25” fairing speakers are in stock ,,,,,,,,

The 500w 4-ch amp will be released on/or about April 15th ,,,,,,,

The 7.25” lowers speaker kit will be released on/or about April 10th ,,,,,,,

Very sorry for the delays ,,,,,, see    for complete details ,,,,,,,,

John Lazzeroni

J&M® Corporation
1415 South Cherry Avenue
Tucson AZ 85713
800-358-0881
Audio@Jmcorp.com
www.Jmcorp.com
www.facebook.com/pages/JM-Corporation/101134489945663?ref=ts

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

Thought I would provide an update ... spoke with RF yesterday:

The amp is 4ohm rated only - they will not support/recommend a 2ohm install
The amp is not bridgeable
Still looking at a May ship date
Still no photos available of the actual amp, but will be similar/almost identical to the PBR300X1 mono sub amp:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=6&family_id=19&item_id=120464&locale=en_US&p_status=

I wish the ship date was the end of the month ... I'd like to have one to play around with  :)

Hope this helps ...
TIF2

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)

Price is now being shown as $269; $30 increase and the product hasn't shipped, yet!

Now showing May ship date although I spoke to an RF dealer a week ago and he said he was expecting them in a week.   ???
It may take longer than May if any of these componets are coming from Japan. 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK

It may take longer than May if any of these componets are coming from Japan. 

Ooh, good point! I hadn't thought about those implications yet. I guess it's time to start considering those things when looking into electronic purchases.

Doc
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:10:52 AM by DOC.COFFIN »
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

A quick question...if someone doesn't mind indulging my ignorance...what does it mean when an amp is bridgeable? Thanks.

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

A quick question...if someone doesn't mind indulging my ignorance...what does it mean when an amp is bridgeable? Thanks.

Doc

Hey Doc ... a quick answer for you  :)

A "bridgeable" amp is typically an amplifier where you can reduce the number of output channels in order to increase the output power of each remaining channel. The output power of the amp will normally double (at the same load) when the output is bridged across available channels. For example:

2 Channel stereo amp with output of 100w/ch @4ohms - bridged to a mono (single-channel) amp with output of 200w/ch @4ohms
4 channel stereo amp with output of 100w/ch @4ohms - bridged to a 2 Channel stereo amp with output of 200w/ch @4ohms
4 channel stereo amp with output of 100w/ch @4ohms - bridged to a 3 Channel stereo amp where channels 1 and 2 are left normal, channels 3 and 4 are bridged to mono at 200w/ch @4ohms (say, for instance, a sub-woofer install)

Although not typically done in motorcycle installs, it is a feature that is generally found on better quality amps. Note that this is completely different than increasing an amplifiers rated output by reducing the load applied. Those specs would look more like:

Rated Power: 100w/ch @4ohms
                   150w/ch @2ohms

Hope this helps ... I didn't want to bore you or others with a bunch of technical details, but if you are interested in delving deeper just search online and there will be more than enough info to make your head hurt  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:52:44 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

Simple is good for now...thanks so much for the indulgence.

Doc

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.