Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Commander V melt down  (Read 1112 times)

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
Power Commander V melt down
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:41:47 PM »

Had my PC V crap out on my new SERG on the freeway last night.  Pushed it from the off ramp into a gas station.  Checked the obvious fuel, oil, fuses.....Got it running and left, hit second gear and same thing but wouldn't restart.  Thought I would take the PC out of the equation before I had to have it towed.  Ran fine on stock ECM, other than being hot due to the lean AFR.  Back lid on PC was coming off and one side seemed to be distorted from heat issues.  PC was installed by dealer when they installed the nightsticks about 600 miles ago. 

Rode it to the dealer so they could fix it on Tuesday and ran into the owner of the dealership who has always been more than fair.  He offered to put a race tuner in and re-dyno it.  Seems where it was mounted the seat was putting pressure on it.  He was thinking with the RT there wont be a box under there to mess with.  Any problems with the RT over the PC V other than its married to that vin?  The only further mods i foresee are a set of catless head pipes.

Thanks

boerne free bird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE
    • CVO3: 2003 FLHRSE
Re: Power Commander V melt down
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:36:34 PM »

This forum is full of threads discussing pros & cons of various tuning options. I have used PCs, TTS Mastertune, SERT, and ThunderMax at various times. The technology is rapidly changing. My 09SERG is catless with Fullsac baffles. It was tuned with the SSERT and I am pleased with it.

Sounds like your dealer is a heads up guy. I'd take his offer, based on the information you posted, especially since they will be doing a dyno tune.
live free and ride safe

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
Re: Power Commander V melt down
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »

Well, got it back from the Dealer on Saturday and they said it wasn't secured and got crushed under the seat.  Since they installed it, they replaced it with another PC V. They already had the map on the Dealer computer so they just transferred the maps.  They moved it to the bracket for the driver backrest to avoid the same problem.  Guess it was cheaper than the HD unit and having to re tune it.  Its fine now so I'm happy.... :bananarock:

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.