Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 2011 Front wheel on my 2010?  (Read 10680 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: 2011 Front wheel on my 2010?
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2011, 10:46:21 PM »

The 19" Chrome Agitators are the way to go IMHO. Too each his own I guess. Love the rotors and calipers. This goes on my to do list now as well!

As a special note  :soapbox:... for those wishing to upsize their 18's for the new 19's from the 2011 model... do yourself a favour... if you decide sell off your 18's to someone... BE SURE TO INSURE THEM WITH FEDEX... it will be the best 10 bucks you'll ever spend!

Can you share with us what happened? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2011, 11:38:14 PM »

Looks very cool, much like a 21.

I agree, nice look, but there is no substitute for size... 8)

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2011, 07:41:09 AM »

Can you share with us what happened? :nixweiss:

Sure…. I bought the new chrome 19’s (as you see in the posts above) from Chicago Harley in mid August. I listed my 18’s with the front tire on CVOHarley’s “Selling” forum and sold them to another Member (Duece Bigalow – Tom) in a matter of days.

ROUND 1 - The new rims came via fedex in very nice boxes so I reused them to ship my old rims to my buyer. I sent 3 packages (2 rims and the front tire) via Canada Post Parcel . The front tire and the Rear wheel arrived to Tom (who lives in NJ) in a timely matter early in September. The Front Wheel however was slower. After a few weeks of searching through Canada Post and USPS Parcel we found that it had been shipped to another address somewhere in Illinois. With NO HELP at all from Canada Post, Tom put 2 + 2 together and in late September we discovered that rather than use the new shipping label I put on, Canada Post somehow shipped my old front wheel back to Chicago Harley using their return address info from what was left of the original FedEx sticker. I called Chicago Harley and sure enough they had the wheel. A young fellow named Josh there had put it aside wondering when someone would call to claim it.

ROUND 2 - I asked Josh to immediately re-ship the rim to Tom in NJ, and as a normal practice; Josh insured the shipment. I paid him on my account there and I sent the tracking info to Tom in NJ. Happily, we both tracked the FedEx number all the way to the FedEx depot in Barrington NJ…. And there it sat, and sat, and sat. Day after day turned into more than a week. We both called FedEx and had them search, and day after day turned into many weeks. IT WAS GONE! NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. I called FedEx and as I was not really the shipper (Chicago Harley was) I could do nothing. So I called Josh back at Chicago Harley. Remember they have no skin in this at all, other than I buy stuff there. THANK GOD JOSH INSURED IT! And while it took almost 2 more months to straighten out, Chicago Harley (Josh) made a claim thru FedEx for us, ordered and new rim and shipped it to Tom in NJ.

Lessons learned? – First CVOHarley’s Deuce Bigalow (Tom) is the most patient man I know and a perfect gentleman. Next - Josh and the boys at Chicago Harley are TOP SHELF in customer service. And finally ALWAYS INSURE YOUR SHIPMENTS!
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.