Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: S.C. Man Kills Neighborhood Kids Over Tipped Harley  (Read 1378 times)

RockerSE

S.C. Man Kills Neighborhood Kids Over Tipped Harley
« on: February 12, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »

AP   A South Carolina man was arrested today accused of beheading and disembowling three neighborhood children then placing their heads on stakes in his front yard for tipping over his beloved Harley Davidson motorcycle. As he was lead away in handcuffs he could be heard muttering "overkill is underrated". Yes that could have well been tomorrows headline but I kept my cool.

The day started out with the prospect of being a stellar Saturday with temperatures expected to be approaching 60 degrees. I hit the road around 10:00 for a short ride and returned home for lunch around 1:00. I parked my bike on the street (in gear on a slight up hill grade) as I was just going to run in and eat, then hit the road again. Well the wife wanted something some take out so I headed out in my truck to pick up some Italian. When I was headed back I get a phone call saying three kids rang the doorbell and said "the wind" blew my motorcycle over. Keep in mind there was no wind today. Of course my heart sank and I really expected the worst. It was a sickening sight to pull up and see my bike laying on it's side. It could have been alot worse though. The bottom of my slip-ons was the only thing that touched the curb and I have a new set of Vance & Hines in a box waiting to go on as soon as I get a chance to get it retuned. The rest of the bike hit the bermuda grass which limited the damage to a slightly bent handlebar and a bent mirror. Also my full face helmet bounced across the sidewalk giving it a well used look.

I do take part of the blame for leaving such a tempting item sitting out there unattended. I am sure one of them was going to sit on it and pulled it off balance getting up on it. Truthfully I am glad they didn't get hurt. At least they were nice enough (or dumb enough) to ring the bell to let us know it fell. Probably a good thing I was not home though.
2008 Rocker FXCW
103" Big Bore
SE 257 Cams
SE Stroker Flat Top Pistons
SE Pro Twin Cam Heads (ACR & Race Springs)
SE Heavy Breather
SERT Custom Map
V&H 2 into 1

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: S.C. Man Kills Neighborhood Kids Over Tipped Harley
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:48:31 PM »

OUCH!!! OK lesson learned on where not to park your bike even for a short time!!! 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:01:21 AM »

T
AP   A South Carolina man was arrested today accused of beheading and disembowling three neighborhood children then placing their heads on stakes in his front yard for tipping over his beloved Harley Davidson motorcycle. As he was lead away in handcuffs he could be heard muttering "overkill is underrated". Yes that could have well been tomorrows headline but I kept my cool.

The day started out with the prospect of being a stellar Saturday with temperatures expected to be approaching 60 degrees. I hit the road around 10:00 for a short ride and returned home for lunch around 1:00. I parked my bike on the street (in gear on a slight up hill grade) as I was just going to run in and eat, then hit the road again. Well the wife wanted something some take out so I headed out in my truck to pick up some Italian. When I was headed back I get a phone call saying three kids rang the doorbell and said "the wind" blew my motorcycle over. Keep in mind there was no wind today. Of course my heart sank and I really expected the worst. It was a sickening sight to pull up and see my bike laying on it's side. It could have been alot worse though. The bottom of my slip-ons was the only thing that touched the curb and I have a new set of Vance & Hines in a box waiting to go on as soon as I get a chance to get it retuned. The rest of the bike hit the bermuda grass which limited the damage to a slightly bent handlebar and a bent mirror. Also my full face helmet bounced across the sidewalk giving it a well used look.

I do take part of the blame for leaving such a tempting item sitting out there unattended. I am sure one of them was going to sit on it and pulled it off balance getting up on it. Truthfully I am glad they didn't get hurt. At least they were nice enough (or dumb enough) to ring the bell to let us know it fell. Probably a good thing I was not home though.

PROBABLY :nervous:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »

Lesson well learned I'm sure. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 09:31:46 AM »

I feel your pain man. Bummer. My headline would read, "Man kills Parents of Neighborhood kids." Any of the moms or pops come over and offer to pay for repairs?

RockerSE

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »

Nah, I don't figure they ran home and fessed up to mom and dad. For me its not about the money, its more like my bike lost her virginity!
2008 Rocker FXCW
103" Big Bore
SE 257 Cams
SE Stroker Flat Top Pistons
SE Pro Twin Cam Heads (ACR & Race Springs)
SE Heavy Breather
SERT Custom Map
V&H 2 into 1

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 01:44:18 PM »

:worthless: :worthless:

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »

Sounds like good kids.
Most adults wouldn`t have the balls to ring a door bell and would have just ran.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »

Rocker,  Sorry to read this.  Glad it was not worse.  Also glad none of the children were hurt and you're not being sued!  This was a failure of parent hood.   :soapbox:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.