Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dash lights go out at high RPM  (Read 972 times)

oreo012003

Dash lights go out at high RPM
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:08:10 AM »

My 2010 CVO dash lights go off when I hit it close to the red line.  Bike works fine, just the dash seems to loose power.   It will do it if I hit the throtle in the garage, but the motor runs fine.  I had the HD shop put a stage one in it, but that's it for modifications.  Anyone know what this could be caused by?

Thanks,
Oreo

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
Re: Dash lights go out at high RPM
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 02:39:32 AM »

My 2010 CVO dash lights go off when I hit it close to the red line.  Bike works fine, just the dash seems to loose power.   It will do it if I hit the throtle in the garage, but the motor runs fine.  I had the HD shop put a stage one in it, but that's it for modifications.  Anyone know what this could be caused by?

Thanks,
Oreo

Until I read that above line in bold, I was thinking that the solution was simple.

Your dash lights are fine, your vision is just getting blurred from all the g-forces and the extreme speed.  :P

Hope you get a real answer soon.  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

FltruseDave

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »

I had a 2004 RoadGlide that when I hit 5000RPM in 2,3,4 and 5th gear the radio would go out. Harley had the fix which was to drill out the battery hold down bracket and slide it over just a little. Believe it or not it worked. I couldnt understand why and the moron techs at the harley dealer in NJ which shall remain nameless couldn't figure it out. It wasn't until talking with the Tech (Troll) at Schoch's HD explained it to me and I think maybe, just maybe it could be your problem too. As you reach a certain RPM range there is a harmonic vibration going through the frame. In my case it was the frequency of the vibration cause the relay to chatter causing the radio to go out. Seems Harley had a class on this that my tech who's nick name is Troll (Gerry) went to.

Thanks,
Oreo

jcd520

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »

This is the age old question----------If you go the speed of light , will the lights work?

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.