Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exhaust  (Read 1421 times)

steelcat

Exhaust
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:37:49 AM »

Need a bit of advice have a 2008 CVO fitted V&H Big Shots but need the sound of my old 1988 FLH, fitted with Hooker exhaust  any suggestions as we are restricted what is available in Australia would prefer 2-1 for clearance reasons Thanks David

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
Re: Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:12:35 AM »

Steelcat, why are you restricted??? Whats stopping u from getting what ever you want? :-\
One things for sure those long shots wont be doing much for the performance of your ride.

steelcat

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »

I am not restricted on what I can purchase, just that every man and his dog seems to have V&Hs fitted and I am looking for something a bit different with a good sound and not effecting the performance

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 05:24:02 AM »

Ok, I see where you are at. And I know what you mean, evry other bike I see has V & H pipes here especially the big radius 2-2 (does look good though). For a 2-1 pipe with great performance its hard to go past the D & D Fat Cat have a look at them, perhaps also the Bassani Road Rage with the standard baffle (very loud pipe).

I've recently fitted the Bassani Pro Streets (2-2) to my FXSTSSE3, and are very happy with them. Even if i will probably get pulled over by the cops soon, as they are a tad loud.

In any case i wouldn't be shopping in Australia for them. Good luck, let us all know what you end up doing, or better still post a pic. ;)

JD

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 02:06:03 PM »

Not sure if this applies in Australia.  I had a Supertrapp 2-1 installed on my '08.  Increased hp from stock 82 to 94 with no other mods.  It is 106db with the end cap installed.  I usually run without the end cap making it louder.  All of Harley's power charts are done with the Supertrapp 2-1 exhaust.

steelcat

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 05:01:29 AM »

Nice ride love the apes I have Super Trapp on a 2006 Springer sick of cleaning the wheel

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.