Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Will stock HD stereo support 4 or more speaker  (Read 3408 times)

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
Re: Will stock HD stereo support 4 or more speaker
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »

I think I've finally settled on two possible plans for how I'm going upgrade my existing stereo but keep the option open if I decide to replace the stock stereo.

PLAN #1: Buy the KS125.2 mini BX, upgrade the stock speaker to 6.5 or 6x9, maybe add the two Hog Tune speaker I already have to the inner fairing.
PLAN #2: Buy a bigger 2 channel amp (200 + watts) and mount it in a saddle bag, upgrade the stock fairing speakers,  add 6 x 9 speakers in the saddle bags, run the balance on the stereo like a fader, front to rear.

Thoughts, Concerns, Suggests?

There is no balance control on the stock HK unit. 

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »

There is no balance control on the stock HK unit. 

DOH :nixweiss:

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »

OK, Now I have this figured out.....or do I?

Going with either Hawg Wired PSC 1502 150 watt 2 channel or the ARC Audio KS125.2 mini 125 watt 2 channel. Definetly upgrading the stock fairing speakers and maybe adding two more speakers to the inner fairing. My question is what how important is the speaker ohm and can I use the same ohm in both scenarios.  

One more thought, keeping in mind I may upgrade the head unit to a 4 channel and I'd like to keep whatever amp I choose now, would this work?
4 channel amp connected to the stock head unit with "Y" connectors, 2 speakers connected in parallel or 4 connected directly to amp?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:05:50 PM by bribe36 »

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 10:50:56 PM »

Speaker upgrade is done, thanks for all the help and patience. I went with the Hawg Wired Four I Your Face system (300 watts and four speakers in the fairing). Its the same set up as the Paul Yaffe Super Stereo kit seen on u tube with but 5.5 inch HW speakesr. Just a note for anyone who may be considering this package, the three amps cant be installed as shown in the manual. With the second pair of speakers installed in the inner fairing there is not enough flat surface for the 150 watt amp. What I had to do was fabricate a bracket attached near the front to hold the amp.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.