Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Ext Warr???????  (Read 879 times)

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
HD Ext Warr???????
« on: April 30, 2006, 12:03:26 AM »

So my last bike came with the extended warranty, had lots of paper work and a card to carry about it.  This bike, the dealer tells me there's no paper work, no card, "it's all in the computer".  I'm wondering if I've been taken.  Anybody who's bought the extended warranty care to tell me what they've gotten??

TIA
arctic
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:41:44 AM by arcticdude »
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Re: HD Ext Warr???????
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:56:27 AM »

Arctic,

I received the same answer on my extended as well.  

In fact I just asked about this very same thing a couple months back when talking to the dealer about doing engine mods and how that would affect the warranty.  The dealer, at the time I layed the money out a couple years back, did give me a "temporary" looking card that I still carry with my registration papers....just in case.  You should have also gotten some paperwork supporting your purchase of the ext. warranty.    
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 01:18:30 AM »

The only thing I've got is "Part One", which is the initial registration sheet that I signed when I bought the bike.  That sheet talks about "Part Two" in numerous places and states "Together With Part II Completes This Motorcycle Service Contract".  I signed it 60 days ago.  I'd have thought I'd have gotten "Part II" by now.??????  "Part 1" shows the extra tire and wheel coverage, but shows NOTHING about the "touring package" mentioned in the brochure.  It all seems real strange to me.  Since there is an 800 # listed on part 1, I'll be on the phone at 8:00 MT to have a little chat with the "warranty" company.  In case anybody's wondering about this number, it's 800-527-7665, ext 411- called "HD Service Center #".

Thanks for the reply, EZ!!  Nothing like having a bunch of lawyers and beancounters screwing things up. >:(
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 05:29:56 AM »

I did get paperwork and a card although, they also told me I didn't really need it because it was all in the computer and could be looked up by any H-D dealer.
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.