Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SUPER EXHAUST MOD, Thunder plus Jake Brake Decel sound, great CACKLE  (Read 1663 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Hello Friends,

Thought I would show this, still be best and baddest exhaust I have seen here in Australia, and my own invention...  V&H Extractors, Super Trap mufflers, but with 0-Discs..  Now mine bell out to 4" in the back and look good with the CVO SESG...  I may just go Slash Down Screaming Eagle on the new FLHTCUSE6 BIG BLUE coming for the long haul trips, as I like the look, but these sound good and there is a secret to it:  

Now why, is the mods I show picture of below...  The baffles are under the black fat ring housing fitted with screws, and they are a series of discs. I took off the cute black big ring, and removed all the baffles, down here we call it O-Disc Super Trap... The discs are actually the baffles, each side has about 8-10 of them..  The cone out the back restricts the flow of the exhaust, and the disc baffles force some of the exhaust through the muffler...   The trick is that stainless cone restrictor after the baffles that sticks out?  We machined that out to 50mm (2"). and turned it around to nest into the muffler grid..... Now with 0-Discs behind it..   Like a trumpet end now, Loud, and Low, distant thunder...  Up close THERE IS NO BLIND SPOT, they can feel me there....

Looks like this when done and fills out the FLHX opening on each side.. My engineering and invention present to you:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:33:10 PM by Cowboy2 »

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
Re: SUPER EXHAUST MOD, Thunder plus Jake Brake Decel sound, great CACKLE
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:33:58 PM »

Sorry here is the picture

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
Re: SUPER EXHAUST MOD, Thunder plus Jake Brake Decel sound, great CACKLE
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »

Here is what the original Super Trap looked like before

COWBOYS THUNDER MOD.... 

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.