Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 CVO Ultra Zumo music?  (Read 1882 times)

ultraredneck

• FLHRSEI.ORG
2011 CVO Ultra Zumo music?
« on: March 22, 2011, 04:14:50 PM »

Anyone that has a 2011 CVO Ultra...does your Road Tech Zumo 660 play MP3 music ok? Friend of mine bought a 2011 (Red) and is saying that the MP3 function isn't there...which doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, why would Harley not enable the MP3 playback function on the Road Tech Zumo that's standard on a Garmin Zumo 660? Unless of course they're trying to force you to buy the iPod integration kit (which wouldn't surprise me a bit). By the way, buddy claims that his manual even says the music won't play (I didn't read it) and when he searches for AUX input to play the MP3 music it's not there (the AUX option that is)...so what gives?

Sure glad I got a 2010 and installed my own Garmin 660...

Thanks,
Randy
2010 FLHTCUSE
2004 FLHRI

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: 2011 CVO Ultra Zumo music?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:46:40 PM »

Anyone that has a 2011 CVO Ultra...does your Road Tech Zumo 660 play MP3 music ok? Friend of mine bought a 2011 (Red) and is saying that the MP3 function isn't there...which doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, why would Harley not enable the MP3 playback function on the Road Tech Zumo that's standard on a Garmin Zumo 660? Unless of course they're trying to force you to buy the iPod integration kit (which wouldn't surprise me a bit). By the way, buddy claims that his manual even says the music won't play (I didn't read it) and when he searches for AUX input to play the MP3 music it's not there (the AUX option that is)...so what gives?

Thanks,
Randy

First thing your buddy needs to do is run a 2.5mm stereo patch cable from the Road Tech cradle harness (inside the fairing) to the Aux connector on the front of his radio.  Then he will probably want to install a mini SD card in the GPS to store his mp3 files on.  To get to the card slot remove battery door and battery.  Slot is next to battery connectors.
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:47:48 PM »

Thanks,
Randy

Aux doesn't show until something is actually plugged into the Aux input, so the stereo cable mentioned above has to be there.  I haven't tried mine on the RG, but I don't think even with the Ipod harness that the MP3's from the Garmin will play unless hooked into the Aux input on the radio.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ultraredneck

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 01:09:11 PM »

Thanks guys for the quick answer. Damn, that's pretty stupid, lazy and cheap on HD's part...why the hell wouldn't they hook up the aux from the factory? Geez...spend $38K for a bike and they can't put a $0.30 cable on! Even worse, why didn't they hard wire it so you don't have that unsightly cable sticking out the front of your fariing cap! Details details... And this is the TOP of the HD LINE!?!? Oh well...at least there's a fix.

Thanks,
Randy
2010 FLHTCUSE
2004 FLHRI

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »

Thanks guys for the quick answer. Damn, that's pretty stupid, lazy and cheap on HD's part...why the hell wouldn't they hook up the aux from the factory? Geez...spend $38K for a bike and they can't put a $0.30 cable on! Even worse, why didn't they hard wire it so you don't have that unsightly cable sticking out the front of your fariing cap! Details details... And this is the TOP of the HD LINE!?!? Oh well...at least there's a fix.

Thanks,
Randy

You may want to consider this mod.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=10044.0

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

rkpultrase

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »

Thanks,
Randy

Load the music onto a mini SD card and insert it in the GPS. Move the radio control to AUX and make sure you have selected a song to play on the GPS MP3 player and you will here music. No cables necessary.

Be sure and down load the files in the correct formate that the MP3 will accept otherwise the player will not play.

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »

Load the music onto a mini SD card and insert it in the GPS. Move the radio control to AUX and make sure you have selected a song to play on the GPS MP3 player and you will here music. No cables necessary.

Be sure and down load the files in the correct formate that the MP3 will accept otherwise the player will not play.

Don't think thats true.

You will hear music out of the GPS speaker but not the bike/helmet speakers.  Navigation prompts will come through bike speakers (bikes with NIM) without cable installed, but cable must be installed for AUX to work.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:20:06 PM by 11hd110 »

rkpultrase

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »

Don't think thats true.

You will hear music out of the GPS speaker but not the bike/helmet speakers.  Navigation prompts will come through bike speakers (bikes with NIM) without cable installed, but cable must be installed for AUX to work.

Stand corrected forgot to say I had an additional port installed at the radio inside the fairing.

ultraredneck

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 04:05:53 PM »

Roger that...thanks Guys! Appreciate the confirmation...we'll have to pull the fairing I guess....

Randy
2010 FLHTCUSE
2004 FLHRI

CVO FF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic Riptide Blue/ Titanium Dust
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »

I listen to XM most of the time. Just attach the cord when you want to play the MP3 and forget about the hidden wires. True this kit should have come pre-wired this way for the Harley set up.
Fullsac X pipe
Fullsac 2.0 power cores
TTS w/Fullsac Map
HD SE Ventilator
Anderson Tour Pack Extender
EZ up center stand
House of Hawgs LED tourpack light
Zumo 660

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.