Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More 110 issues!  (Read 1832 times)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

More 110 issues!
« on: March 23, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »

Well Maggie Mae is back in the shop. The last issue was burning oil on the front cylinder (already did the rear). Dealer replaced the front head and reinstalled the valves. When I picked it up, I complained that the front cylinder exhaust did not sound right. They claimed they had done a leak down and the motor was OK. I finally got it to an independent shop and just found out the front cylinder is about 30-35 pounds lower than the rear. Mechanic suspects a leaking intake valve.
Bike ran ok at speed and did not miss except for "sucking" sound and rough at idle. Anyone had anything like this happen? Any advice from anyone?
How can I tell if they put the correct head on when they replaced it?  :nixweiss:
Thanks!
RETIRED! :fireman:

harleycharlie1992

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: More 110 issues!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:55:16 PM »

if you are concerned that the dealer put the wrong head on, maybe you need to find another dealer, which brings up the question, why did they only put one head on to fix the problem? A good dealer would have replace both, if that indeed was the cure

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »

This is true! The bike is now at an independent with real mechanics. Ext warranty is covering the repair. I protested the one head thing with the dealer and got no where. I the future, I would suggest that anyone with a similar situation call the warranty folks themselves and get the straight poop. I realize now that they did not want to eat the additional tear down to fix their on F up. I authorized the tear down yesterday. I'll post what he finds.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »

The bike is now at an independent with real mechanics. Ext warranty is covering the repair.

How did you manage this? Just curious.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »

How did you manage this? Just curious.
The dealer (close to both of us) only has to cover their screw ups for 90 days. Secondly, I don't want to take it back there. New claim.

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 25 queries.