Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Security System Chirp and 4 way flashers  (Read 2291 times)

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
Security System Chirp and 4 way flashers
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:25:28 AM »

Hey all

My 2011 CVO Street Glide has been set up to arm / disarm the security system with just indicator flashes (no chirp)
The manual talks about how you can change the setup so that the chirps sound too. I have tried this method a few times but no matter what I do I cant get the audible chirp!

I'm also having an issue getting the 4 way flashers going (hazard lights in the UK!) pressing both indicator switches at the same time seems to only activate one or other sides indicators. My softail hazards worked perfectly!

Any ideas on how I might resolve these two issues?

Cheers

P Daddy

SlowRain

Re: Security System Chirp and 4 way flashers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »

Weird...I just followed what was in the owner's manual and got the alarm system switched to chirp in no time.  The important thing is you have to be quick...i.e. when the manual says to flip the ignition switch over before the flashers flash...you have to be a bit quick.

As far as the flashers...push both in and hold them both in for a second and see that solves the problem there.
De Liber Oppresso

2013 CVO Ultra (Typhoon Maroon), D&D 2-1 Boss Fat Cat, KlockWerks 8.5" Windshield, TTS Mastertuner.

loubob

Re: Security System Chirp and 4 way flashers
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »

Try disconnecting one of the battery cables. This should activate the alarm. Then replace the cable to reset the alarm. You may also have to turn ignition switch on/off to reset if it did not do so when you replaced the cable.
I did this on my bike when installing running lights. Now alarm chirps. Did not before the installation.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.