Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: O2 Bung type for RevPerf install?  (Read 816 times)

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
O2 Bung type for RevPerf install?
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:38 AM »

For those that installed O2 bungs in thier '05 SEEG bikes w/FatCat 2-1 headers, what type of bung did you install?  The flat 90 degree one or the 45 degree one? 
I'm pretty sure the front pipe gets the 90, but even looking at Don's pics in his RevPerf install, it's hard to tell.  I can get these bungs locally from any AutoParts store?  They are 18M?

I'm on the fence as whether to have any-old-muffler shop weld in the bungs.  Or send my pipes back with the ECM (prepaid) and let them do it.  A little more peace of mind that they will take care in doing it right and also says they pressure test the welds for leaks!

Kudos for everyone that experimented and tested this.  I really hated Zippers for forcing me to move to closed loop, not having a map for my bike and charging me $220 to update the Zippers ECM.  If I have to buy the AT module anyway, the HD ECM does more and they'll help me getting bungs in the headers.....awesome company!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: O2 Bung type for RevPerf install?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:20:40 AM »

For those that installed O2 bungs in thier '05 SEEG bikes w/FatCat 2-1 headers, what type of bung did you install?  The flat 90 degree one or the 45 degree one? 
I'm pretty sure the front pipe gets the 90, but even looking at Don's pics in his RevPerf install, it's hard to tell.  I can get these bungs locally from any AutoParts store?  They are 18M?

I'm on the fence as whether to have any-old-muffler shop weld in the bungs.  Or send my pipes back with the ECM (prepaid) and let them do it.  A little more peace of mind that they will take care in doing it right and also says they pressure test the welds for leaks!

Kudos for everyone that experimented and tested this.  I really hated Zippers for forcing me to move to closed loop, not having a map for my bike and charging me $220 to update the Zippers ECM.  If I have to buy the AT module anyway, the HD ECM does more and they'll help me getting bungs in the headers.....awesome company!

Mine are straight bungs.  If they're truly covering the freight on the pipes also for round trip shipment that seems a no-brainer though.  The one time I heard a price quoted it was said their cost was $50 to install bungs.  If that's freight inclusive I wouldn't screw with a local muffler shop or other welder.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 10:21:58 AM »

!

And.....  on an 05 you don't have to buy another ECM.  Your stock ECM is fine.  The 04 guys need a new ECM.

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »

Thanks T-Lane.  Straight ones it is.   Yes it is $50 for them to install, but you let them know you want bungs installed in your pipes and they send a bigger box instead of the smaller ECM one.  Very nice I thought.

Was I correct in the bung size?  18M   Will the auto parts places have them?  I do have to include them and have the locations marked prior to shipment.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »

Thanks T-Lane.  Straight ones it is.   Yes it is $50 for them to install, but you let them know you want bungs installed in your pipes and they send a bigger box instead of the smaller ECM one.  Very nice I thought.

Was I correct in the bung size?  18M   Will the auto parts places have them?  I do have to include them and have the locations marked prior to shipment.

Yes on the 18mm bung size.  It's a crap shoot on parts stores having o2 bungs.  Just have to call around and see.  If not someplace like Summit or Jegs would be sure bets.

mattm

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »

Believe it or not, ebay is a pretty good source for bungs. 
I called my exhaust manufacture's customer serivce and asked for bungs, and they sent me a set for free.  Some companys still believe that customers are important.  It cost me $30 to have them welded in locally, so if the $50 includes shipping, thats pretty hard to pass up.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.