Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 Street Glide CVO Pricing  (Read 1236 times)

Canman

2011 Street Glide CVO Pricing
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »

Always one to know how bad I got beat up on my purchase price, please tell me if I made a good or bad deal. It is a Kryponite with matching color tourpak, (although I do not know for sure which pak I get) It  is a Canadian Bike and I paid $37,175 Can + Tax .How did I do?

jcd520

Re: 2011 Street Glide CVO Pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »

Do the money conversion ---------dollar vs. canadian dollar--------and see what you can come up with. MSRP(U.S. dollar) would be a good deal but I would be surprised if you found a green one for less than 2k over MSRP in the U.S. anyway. That should tell you if you made a good deal or not. Congrats on your new ride in advance. Those green ones really knock your socks off in the looks dept.

JPSTREETGLIDE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »

If I did the conversion right thats like $39,100.  MSRP is $32,499 plus $1500 for the tourpak.  If your happy with the price thats all that counts.  A dealer in Long Island had one a month ago for MSRP

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:28:48 PM »

I may not understand the question.  I'm not sure what the conversion has to do with it.  To know if you got a good deal for a bike that you bought in Canada you need to know what others paid for the same model in Canada.  Or are you asking what's a Canadian bike go for vs. what the same bike goes for in the US on the same money scale (then the conversion would come into play)?   :nixweiss:

At any rate....while it's always good for the spirit when you learn that you got a good deal but do you really want to know if you got taken to the cleaners? :nervous:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:30:22 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »

Your price of $37,175 is a good price if it includes the painted to match TP.  I assume you are Canadian and based on the current MSRP from each country...

CND $35,949.
U.S. $32,499.

Plus the TP, that sounds pretty good!

The current exchange rate is:  $1.04833 CND vs. $1.00 U.S. which would mean if you purchased the bike in the U.S. you would have paid $31,001. CND (not including TP) and you would have a much cleaner looking rear end without that darn tail light assembly!

But according to dealers here your warranty would be void???  :nixweiss:

Go figure.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:11:50 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Babkis

• CVO1: Krypto
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 12:24:30 AM »

Sound like you did good. What exactly is included? Bike and TP I get. How about mounting hardware, pass back rest, antenna relocation kit?  Also, you mean you didn't preorder it? Which dealer has one in stock and available? Just curious.
"No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true." Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804 - 1864)

Canman

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 01:24:17 AM »

For the price I get the bike and tour pack. The bike already has the passenger back rest and if I am not mistaken I was told the tour pack has the antenna built into the tourpak. As far as the mounting hardware I am not sure about that, would it not come already to mount? I will drive it off the lot with the tourpak already installed and I am not giving them any more mulla. I also told them to throw in a set of highway pegs.

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 04:20:56 AM »

Aus $46,000 ride away here - enjoy your extremely well priced iron horses guys.
Cheers
Glen.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 10:29:13 AM »

The price will fade away with time but you have  a very stunning bike!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

jcd520

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 12:57:40 PM »

Sound like you did good. What exactly is included? Bike and TP I get. How about mounting hardware, pass back rest, antenna relocation kit?  Also, you mean you didn't preorder it? Which dealer has one in stock and available? Just curious.

I bought the antennae relocation kit , which by the way does not work on the SESG's , but I made it work by turning the bracket upside down.  Before I drilled the tour pak for the antennae I decided one day to just see what it would look like to just lean the antennae backwards a bit and let it lay under the tour pak. Low and behold it works and looks just fine, plus you don't have to drill the holes in your tour pak for the ultra style antennae and it is a much easier disconnect when you want to remove you pak to ride it clean. I do have the lid spoiler but there is only one plug to disconnect instead of having to mess with the antennae also and the tour pak looks much cleaner without the antennae on it . When you remove the tour pak the antennae just stands up again like in the stock position .Just a suggestion for you.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.