Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Performance question regarding SE pipe on the FLHXSE CVO.  (Read 3606 times)

dragonass81

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Performance question regarding SE pipe on the FLHXSE CVO.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »

ICE - thanks! very detail appreciate the advice and rundown, it will take me a while to find a someone who turns a wrench on HD but i'm sure there is someone.. the three guys that work with me don't all have stock 100% but once I start riding i'm sure i'll meet more people.....
D

dragonass81

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »

ok here is a follow up what if I just pull the cat and keep the SE pipes what type of performance am I getting? Just a cooler engine?

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 05:30:08 PM »

this thread sort of discusses your question

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=57186.0

I dont have any experience of the 2011 model years, I have an 07, but generally the 110`s are detuned, running lean and retarded, so what ever you do in regards mods or no mods, you will need to use some sort of device to adjust the standard factory Map controlling your engine. For me a tuning device would be my first purchase, and with the price of dyno runs I would have a definate plan of the completed set up and have the job done only once.
To this end if I was buying a new bike now, my two tuner options would be either use the local dealer who would use a Power Commander with a dyno run or I would be looking at a TTS mastertune with a canned map from Fullsac. I unfortunately had to keep my stock mufflers  :(

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 11:25:44 AM »

Dragon, are you Mil or DoD Civ or do you have any US base privileges?
Sparky

dragonass81

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 10:29:10 PM »

mil, yes

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »

mil, yes
Great, that'll make things a lot easier.
1st, get to the auto hobby shop on base.  MWRS is supposed to staff each one of them with at least 1 qualified mechanic who's there to advise you on what you're doing and how you're doing it - to include using the tools in the shop.  So, go and talk to them about the changes you're going to be making. No, they aren't bike mechanics and definitely NOT HD mechanics BUT they are experienced and competent with basic procedures that are common to most motor vehicles and that would include exhaust work.  I have no doubts that between the collective advise from this site and the help you can get from your hobbyshop mechanics that you'll be able to make the exhaust changes that have been listed earlier.

2nd When I was stationed in Germany, we had to get vehicle inspections (to include emissions testing) done by the Germans at one of their inspection stations.  This was a one time requirement in order to get your vehicle registered and licensed.  The reason I bring this up is because you need to make sure that any changes you make will be legal/acceptable to your host nation (again the hobbyshop mechanic MAY be helpful BUT he/she is NOT the final authority on this - the tester will be).  If the mods are not legal there then you will need to find out if the inspections are still being done and if so, are they a one time only or are they annual or whatever.  If the inspections are one time only for your entire tour then you could conceivably make your changes AFTER your inspection.  I am NOT condoning the violation of laws and/or international agreements - I'm merely pointing out that it may be an avenue someone so inclined could pursue.

3rd make sure ANY AND ALL changes you make to your bike are NOT going to prevent you from bringing it home with you when you eventually DEROS.  $30K+ is a LOT to drop on anything and it would suck to not be able to bring it home when it's time to PCS.  Of course another way around this would be to make sure you can return the bike to original condition quickly/easily/inexpensively prior to move.

4th (and last) Find a riding group that you are comfortable with.  Hang out with them, get to know them, pick their brains on your ideas/options.  Find members on this board that are in Germany (Kraut is a member here that is in Germany) - they'll be able to assist you in finding groups to get to meet.

Good luck and keep us posted.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:35:19 AM by AZ Sparky »
Sparky

dragonass81

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 11:01:49 AM »

Sparky good poop!!! TANKS I appreciated and will keep you guys posted.

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »

Sparky good poop!!! TANKS I appreciated and will keep you guys posted.
No problemo - what base/post are you stationed?
Sparky
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.