Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Excessive vibration ??  (Read 8612 times)

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
Re: Excessive vibration ??
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 09:21:53 AM »

Stupid question maybe but excessive compared to what?

Mine vibrates far more than my softail used to but the softail had the balanced motor.

The only thing that I've found that rattles a bit is the clutch lever. Other than that I wouldn't say it was any worse than the Road King Custom that I had a few years ago.
I've also found that the taller windscreens vibrate a lot at idle which annoys me a bit!!

Glad you've finally got the bike though!

Lets hope for some sunshine.........

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 10:19:58 AM »

Hi Paul,
Finally got my bike last week and have only managed about 150 miles so far due to work, but I have the same problem as you "Excessive vibration" ...I know I need to run the bike in a bit first but my FB does not vibrate or shake or rattle like this £26K Krypto......So I love the bike but not the vibrations, has yours improved any or has the dealer found a solution for you.

Cheers
Simon
The fatboy is a solid mounted B motor with a balance shaft,it won't vibrate like the rubber mounted touring bikes. The touring bikes all vibrate to some extent.

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

• CVO1: FLHXSESG2
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »

Hi Paul,
Finally got my bike last week and have only managed about 150 miles so far due to work, but I have the same problem as you "Excessive vibration" ...I know I need to run the bike in a bit first but my FB does not vibrate or shake or rattle like this £26K Krypto......So I love the bike but not the vibrations, has yours improved any or has the dealer found a solution for you.

Cheers
Simon
Glad you got your bike at last Simon. Sorry to hear you are also having vibration issues, mine seems to have sorted itself out or should I say after I waited nearly 8 weeks for my V&H high outputs, I got them fitted along with stage 1 pro-tuner, the vibration on the r/h/s handlebar seems to be a lot better. However, the heat issue seems to be worse, I thought the stage 1 with pipes would make the motor run slightly cooler ? According to the dealer the tech was not happy with the pro-tuner & felt it could be tuned better, but apparently Harley have software upgrades coming out & when available they will contact me, but reckon I'll have to do the chasing !
Think in the meantime I'll be removing the lowers to try & get the motor running cooler, and it's not that hot in england, how the he'll do these 110s run in countries that are hot !!!

Hope you get it sorted out, can't believe people have so many issues with a top of the range marque.  :cucumber:

scorpionking

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 02:20:37 PM »

well i have the 2011 krypto sesg and it runs perfect , it doesn't vibrate any worse than the other 110 engines that i have owned or ridden and as to the heat , getting stuck in London the other day taking nearly 30 minutes to travel 20 yards, yes it did get hot and even shut itself down on to one cylinder , but again no different than others i have ridden , i just love this bike , and Simon don't compare the two bikes you have because they are two different engines to start with, maybe catch up with you two one of these days and compare bikes .
the only mod i have done to mine , engine wise is fitted Rinehart 4inch slip on mufflers , lovely sound , had my first service done last weekend and the remapped the ecu due to an upgrade from Harley but no noticeable difference to riding the bike

mark

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »

Well 1000 mile service been done & according to the dealer they have checked everything & all ok, road tested & their conclusion is that the vibration I'm getting on the r/h side handlebar is normal on a 110 ? I can't really confirm or deny this as I have not ridden any other 110's to compare ! All I can say is that when the engine revs are dropping & it hits 2000 rpm you can actually see the r/h side handlebar shaking, absolutely fine if you keep it out of this rev range !

Just my two cents...I had a '03 103 ci SERK and currently have a '10 110 ci SESG.  I didnt have any noticable difference in handlebar vibration between the two bikes.   

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 05:20:45 AM »

My 103" FLHX had a handle bar vibration as well.  The bike ran fine other than the vibration.

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »

I was just on a 4000 mile trip on my 07 CVO RK and developed a vibration.  Turns out I lost a front wheel weight.  May be worth making sure the tires are balanced properly.

2007 SERK
2008 FXDC 105th S/N 0001/2000
2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

fatboy63

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTFSE
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »

well i have the 2011 krypto sesg and it runs perfect , it doesn't vibrate any worse than the other 110 engines that i have owned or ridden and as to the heat , getting stuck in London the other day taking nearly 30 minutes to travel 20 yards, yes it did get hot and even shut itself down on to one cylinder , but again no different than others i have ridden , i just love this bike , and Simon don't compare the two bikes you have because they are two different engines to start with, maybe catch up with you two one of these days and compare bikes .
the only mod i have done to mine , engine wise is fitted Rinehart 4inch slip on mufflers , lovely sound , had my first service done last weekend and the remapped the ecu due to an upgrade from Harley but no noticeable difference to riding the bike
You are probably right they are very different bikes and different engines, I love the Glide!.. just getting used to the shaking.....Decided I will sell the Fatboy as cant really see me using it anymore,we will have to meet up as you suggested. :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber:
Only a biker truely understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window :-)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.