Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Klock Werks Ergo Handlebar  (Read 2202 times)

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
Klock Werks Ergo Handlebar
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:53:16 AM »

I have a 2011 CVO Street Glide with stock handlebars and am looking at installing the Klock Werks Ergo Handlebar. It is advertised as being 1 inch higher and 2 inches further back than stock. I am only 5-10 and need the extra reach. I am told that I can use the existing stock cables. Anybody have this bar or any good or bad information regarding it?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Klock Werks Ergo Handlebar
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:10:49 PM »

I put Wild One 575's on my 11 SESG and those are adviertised as 2" back from stock. The brake line was fine, but the clutch line was VERY tight especially when locking the bars all the way to the left. Still tight after removing the right angle plastic guide on the neck. So tight that I was not comfortable leaving it that way and I ordered a 3" longer line. Probably would have been fine with 2", but the extra inch is no big deal.

mandm1

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »

I put Wild One 575's on my 11 SESG and those are adviertised as 2" back from stock. The brake line was fine, but the clutch line was VERY tight especially when locking the bars all the way to the left. Still tight after removing the right angle plastic guide on the neck. So tight that I was not comfortable leaving it that way and I ordered a 3" longer line. Probably would have been fine with 2", but the extra inch is no big deal.

Great to hear that you've done this mod; I'm thinking of WO575 bars myself. I installed WO577s on my '09 Ultra, but want to stay lower on my SESG. I have a few quick questions for you ...

Did you need anything else besides the clutch line? You found that the TBW wires were OK, or did you need to re-route? Did you need to modify the positioning of the brake line at all? Do the 575s block your fairing mounted mirrors much?

Also, where did you order your +3" clutch line, and do you have a part number?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks a lot for your advice!!

Mike

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »

umm, same questions as Mike  ;D

mandm1

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »

bump ...

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.