Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Garage door opener stop working? - A FIX  (Read 2983 times)

TANK

• Full CVO Member
  • BIG RED II
Re: Garage door opener stop working? - A FIX
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 11:50:21 AM »

Ya know that's funny since I've never had any problems with mine.. I think I'll just leave it alone. ;)
TANK

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 11:55:20 AM »

I have tried and tried to get mine working.  Stealer said the transmitter in the cycle is all good.  I have hooked it to the "push button" by the door to get in the house and I have hooked it directly to the head unit. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Before I get too excited does anyone have theirs working with a Genie?  If so I will go back to the drawing board.

Mine is on a Genie Intellicode (or something like that......Home Depot).  Mine did it once.  Took the bike in first and they told me that they need both the bike and the receiver to trouble shoot it.  Turned out to be the receiver and they replaced it immediatly.

Also, I have mine plugged in at the head unit but have the receiver antenna run all the way to the front of the garage, up top, just inside the door.  Only problem that one time when they changed the receiver and it works fine, now.

It's one of those things (like a fairing, stereo, cruise control, etc.......creature comforts that ya wonder how we ever lived without it before  [smiley=nixweiss.gif])
J.C.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:00:23 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 08:43:26 PM »

Mine is on a Genie Intellicode (or something like that......Home Depot).  Mine did it once.  Took the bike in first and they told me that they need both the bike and the receiver to trouble shoot it.  Turned out to be the receiver and they replaced it immediatly.

Also, I have mine plugged in at the head unit but have the receiver antenna run all the way to the front of the garage, up top, just inside the door.  Only problem that one time when they changed the receiver and it works fine, now.

[highlight]It's one of those things (like a fairing, stereo, cruise control, etc.......creature comforts that ya wonder how we ever lived without it before[/highlight]  [smiley=nixweiss.gif])
J.C.
J.C.,

Actually, I had a door opener on my previous ride, but I did it without H-D's assistance, and it worked better than the H-D unit on my SEEG.  

A - Purchase one mini transmitter for your brand of opener, or use the spare that came with the opener.  
B - Open up case, locate circuits on the printed circuit board that the push button operates, solder wires to board and reinstall cover.  
C - Seal transmitter (except transmitter antenna opening) with electrical tape or silicone, mount in protected area on bike.  
D - Route wires to a simple push button switch which you can locate wherever is handiest.  I mounted the one on my Dyna directly in front of the gas cap on the canopy.  Small black button on a black wrinkle finish canopy, looked like it belonged there.  Total investment, approximately $20 plus an hour of my time.  

This way you don't have interference problems between the H-D receiver and the opener receiver, or any of the other issues folks have had with the H-D unit.  If the opener hadn't come with the SEEG, I would have rigged up the same system on it rather than buy the H-D unit.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:16:46 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 09:01:07 PM »

I'm into my 3rd year with mine, My garage is well below the street level, back from the road by 100' or more, and I can usually open the door from as far away as my first driveway which has the house to block the signal. The full transom windows over each door aid in reception I believe as well. Works every time!! not a miss yet, even in thick fog.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 09:39:13 PM »

I'm into my 3rd year with mine, My garage is well below the street level, back from the road by 100' or more, and I can usually open the door from as far away as my first driveway which has the house to block the signal. The full transom windows over each door aid in reception I believe as well. Works every time!! not a miss yet, even in thick fog.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

This made no sense till I went and checked your location; transoms and fogs and all.

AHA - - - - Cape Cod

Would you know the Burns family of Buzzards Bay ?  

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 09:46:50 PM »

Spiderman,
 No name doesnt ring a bell. But not to say that I don't know by face.. I'm friggin lousy real bad with names!! with me everyone needs to wear name tags for 6 months!!
And oh yes Cape Cod.. I love it here, just wish that our springtimes were more on the stable side to lengthen out the season
Mark [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.