Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Beast goes to church  (Read 1331 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
The Beast goes to church
« on: June 15, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »

This may not be in the right forum topic, and it will certainly qualify as the shortest ride report ever (about 50 feet), but it is unique and I did want to share it. A little over a week ago I got a call from one of our very talented church staff members asking me if I could drum up 4 Harleys (one for each of our church campus locations) because our senior pastor wanted to use them as an illustration in his message that weekend. I said it shouldn't be an issue (turned out not to be true but that's another story) and, even though I would be out of town that weekend (another trip report to come), I would drop mine by the main campus before I left.

Now, my pastor has some experience with motorcylces but it has probably been over 20 years since he has been on one. I was assured he just wanted to "start the bike" for a minute or so each of the four weekend services.

You can see a brief clip of the message here:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

Re: The Beast goes to church
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:36:46 PM »

If you are interested in the entire message (excellent teaching by the way), you can see it here:

http://www.eaglebrookchurch.com/media_player.asp?type=large&messageID=94596

The bike story shows up at about minute 27.

All turned out well. I've got to believe I have one of the few CVO's that has made an appearance in church. I've always felt that there were angels protecting me when I ride and drive. Perhaps the feeling will be even stronger now.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »

I guess you could call that the ultimate "Blessing of the Bike".  :2vrolijk_21:
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 01:18:45 AM »

Hey Mark, I recently had the opportunity to accompany my Street Glide in a ceremonial splash with a little class A holy water. I was extremely relieved when my machine didn’t burst into flames after contact with the blessed juice.
A pair of Franciscan Friars honored us by performing the ceremony. These Friars wore burlap robes, didn’t have shoes and each had a hand carved wooden rosary. It was a remarkable experience.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »

Hey Mark, I recently had the opportunity to accompany my Street Glide in a ceremonial splash with a little class A holy water. I was extremely relieved when my machine didn’t burst into flames after contact with the blessed juice.
A pair of Franciscan Friars honored us by performing the ceremony. These Friars wore burlap robes, didn’t have shoes and each had a hand carved wooden rosary. It was a remarkable experience.

Hey DJ, cool photo! Have attended a few "Blessing of the bikes" events in the past (fun place to see nice iron). Are those Friars up in your neighborhood or were you out riding somewhere and ran into them?

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.