Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What wheel size can you put on front of CVO fatbob??  (Read 2369 times)

AussieEagle

What wheel size can you put on front of CVO fatbob??
« on: January 12, 2011, 05:27:58 PM »

The original tires on my bike have got to go, plus I'm ording new exhaust etc fm states so started thinking rims.....

For 2009 Fatbob (FXDFSE CVO) what do you think is the largest diameter front wheel you can run without modifying/moving the front guard?

E.g. can you go to a 18" with a lower profile tire or it does'nt work like that?

Also the rear wheel I would like to replace but was going to keep stock dimensions, I hear you can run a 200mm tire on that stock size (rather than 185mm standard) without any major drama's?

cheers

kcluke40

• 2009 CVO Fat Bob FXDFSE
Re: What wheel size can you put on front of CVO fatbob??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »

Greetings Aussie Eagle! Was just reading your post and I'm looking to do the same with my bike. I will check around for information that I came across a while back indicating that the tire modification you are wanting to do to your bike can in fact be done.

Note: The following website: http://www.hdwheels.com/Product.htm provides a tire/wheel capability chart by bike model. I will keep my eyes open.

Kevin

AussieEagle

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:33:39 PM »

sounds good.

AussieEagle

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 07:42:58 PM »

FYI for those looking to do same, the Metzeler 880 is a good set-up, I've ordered however a Avon combo Venom/Cobra which will install this week.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 26 queries.