Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Radio cutting out  (Read 3699 times)

perrymedik

Radio cutting out
« on: June 02, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »

Hey all!

I've got a curious problem with the stereo in my '09 Ultra Classic.

First a little background.  I took the Ultra Classic and put a detach kit on the tour pack.  1 month ago I Installed the Hog Tunes Amp, 902.2 Front and rear speakers, and the 9" woofers in the front fairings.  I also installed the iPod adaptor that HD sells so I could plug in my iPhone and be able to have it charge, play music and use mapquest.  Everything was operating normally.

Everything was working fine, until yesterday afternoon.

On my ride home from work, the stereo cut out.  If I turn the stereo off and back on, the music plays again, and furthermore, you can tell that it didn't pause the song when the speakers stoped playing the music.  The music will play for about 3-7 minutes before it does it again.  I can find no correlation between smooth or bumpy road.

The weather has warmed up significantly in the past two weeks, with this week being warmer then the previous.  The "Air" temp guage was reading 100-110 F on the ride home.

On my way into work this morning, it did it again, but the temperature was significantly cooler.  Again on my way home today, the problem repeated itself several times.

Has anyone heard of this issue?  Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks for the help!

Cory

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: Radio cutting out
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »

My wife had the same issue with her 2011 Limited.  The only modification she has made from stock is add an IPOD like my CVO Street Glide has but that was back in August.  When she took it to the dealer they said the radio was bad and ordered her a new one.  Surprisingly, the replacement radio was here in 2 days.  Her bike is at the dealer having the new radio installed as I type.  We expect it back tomorrow.  They are also doing a 10,000 service at the same time.  If I find out any more info I will let you know.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:17:17 PM »

iron cross audio see their website. they will give members a discount. they can fix it! my 08 did the same thing. :2vrolijk_21:

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:14:17 PM »

I have the same problem, check out my post. (Why no sounds) on May 30. I'm send it to IronCross to fix it. If it's not one thing it's a next.

Trey

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:35:09 PM »

After I took mine in for the 1k service, radio started cutting out too. So in my troubleshooting, I found out that dealer mustve disconnected battery or reset radio. All of my settings were changed, while checking the intercom setting, the VOX was all the way up, so any noise was interupting the radio.
Al

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »

My wife had the same issue with her 2011 Limited.  The only modification she has made from stock is add an IPOD like my CVO Street Glide has but that was back in August.  When she took it to the dealer they said the radio was bad and ordered her a new one.  Surprisingly, the replacement radio was here in 2 days.  Her bike is at the dealer having the new radio installed as I type.  We expect it back tomorrow.  They are also doing a 10,000 service at the same time.  If I find out any more info I will let you know.

She got her bike back and we just finished a 250 miler and she had no problems.  Hopefully the problem has been taken care of.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 07:11:12 PM »

I am on my 3rd radio

if out of warranty, send it to Iron Cross
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »

I am on my 3rd radio

if out of warranty, send it to Iron Cross

She has a few more years to go but will keep that in mind --- thanks
Semper Fi

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »

I'm going to send mine next week

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.