Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King Tour-Pack  (Read 2433 times)

Outlaw Racing

• Lets Go
King Tour-Pack
« on: May 28, 2004, 06:50:48 AM »

I just picked up my bike 1 week ago and asked the dealer about the king tour-pack, he told me if I ordered it now I might have it by fall, THAT SUCKS!! They did a search and a shop out west had just sold one they had in stock. Maybe someone will back out on one they ordered or decide they want to sell the one they have. I did change the seat out with the Road King Sundowner, vast improvement over the stock one.
Nice Site!!!

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
Re: King Tour-Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 10:07:22 AM »

The guy at my dealer who owns a SEEG didn't want the SEEG tour pak.  He didn't like how the graphics are on the top, where the rack and bags go.  He wanted more of the look on the sides.  He ordered a primered tour pak and took it to a local paint shop to have it painted.  The guy matched the paint, and then painted the saddlebag design onto the sides of the tourpak.  It looked good.  He said it cost him $200 less than the SEEG one.

cei600

• Junior CVO Member
  • Nothing Else Comes Close
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 10:35:37 AM »

Outlaw,
The dealer here in Pikeville has a chopped tour pack if your interested. They ordered it for the bike I am getting, but Mama wanted the King. Buy the way it is orange and black. Let me know if you need the number.

Mark
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:36:58 AM by cei600 »

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 01:29:48 PM »

I ordered my king tour pak on April 14th.  On Friday I received an email from Chicago Harley saying that it had shipped and I will have it on Tuesday.  I thought that was pretty good timing, ony 6 weeks.  

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 08:23:23 AM »

Mine took about 8weeks but I ordered it before they started painting Orange & Black.  [smiley=confused.gif] So that delayed it a bit.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 12:30:06 PM »

Does anyone have a pic of either one (chopped or king) installed on the bike???  Orange please  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Thanks in advance.

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 07:09:11 PM »

I'm more in line with Doc. I bought a King TP off of ebay and had it painted at a custom shop here in el paso. Spent $290 on the Tour pak and maybe $200 on the paint. Here's a link to what the bike looks like. http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cv_pics;action=display;num=1080319865 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 07:09:52 PM by gb »
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 10:56:25 PM »

I received my king tour pak today and started the subassembly process.  Man was that scary drilling holes in a brand new tour pak.  I am glad I checked the location of the mounting hole templates with the backrest, because they weren't even close.  If I used the template as they stated I would have never been able to get the thing on.  

I did find that I forgot to order one part for the detachable system and that was the detachable mounting rack.  I just shelled out another $140 for that.  Hopefully next week I will have everything I need to finally put the thing on.  I listed all of the parts that I think I need to install it below.

53155-04BKM             King Tour Pak
53107-96                    Detachable tour pak rack
52892-98                         FLTRI/FLHRC LARGE TOUR PAK BACKREST
53127-96B                  KIT, REAR DOCKING MOUNT
53598-88A         KING TOUR PAK LINER

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.