Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: BSR pain in the back of the thighs  (Read 2525 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: BSR pain in the back of the thighs
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 09:33:47 PM »

tell her its the bike and there is no way to fix it and see what she will let you trade for. maybe the 2012 models are designed with a womans comfort in mind :2vrolijk_21:

CWH

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CUSE6 Black/Red
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »

tell her its the bike and there is no way to fix it and see what she will let you trade for. maybe the 2012 models are designed with a womans comfort in mind :2vrolijk_21:

I don't think that is going to work for me, you must not be married,LOL
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
TTS MasterTuner
HarleyGoodies Floor board
extenders

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 09:54:59 PM »

I don't think that is going to work for me, you must not be married,LOL
did not work for me either. adjust the pegs a hundred different ways try a lumbar support it does seem to help and the gel pads help some.. and be glad she likes to ride with you :mango: :bananarock:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:02:26 PM by smkymtnboy »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 02:16:24 PM »

Going through a similar experience with my BSR, except her complaint is that her "butt bones", not tailbone, seem to get all the pressure.  So, I got the George Anderson TP relocator and put it in the 1 1/2" back position...2 1/2" seems too far back for someone 5'3" (my BSR) and seems that it would make her lean too far back, or not have her butt totally on the seat.  The 1 1/2" position seems to have everything lined up perfectly, considering the lumbar support in the backrest.  I also had the rear floorboards swapped to the opposite sides so that the adjustment was to the rear of the bike prior to installing the TP relocator, but since she's further back now, it appeared that her calves were going to contact the bag guards, so I moved them back to the proper sides and have them one notch forward of all the way up.  Got her to sit on the bike, and it looks like her legs are level to very slightly down at the knee, which should distribute her weight evenly on the back of her thighs and butt, and she'll be able to change positions a bit by sliding forward or back, and stretching her legs forward, or pulling them back.  Haven't been able to test the new adjustments yet (it's been too damn hot to ride here lately), but it APPEARS that this might work better.

Honestly, the jury is still out on whether I like the adjustable passenger floorboards...they get in my way big time when moved forward too much, and seem a bit of a stretch for the BSR as well, unless she has longer legs or is taller.

On my '06 SEUC, I had installed the Kury adjustable pegs and that seemed to work well for my then BSR (different person), who was about 5'4".

The new bikes with the Lumbar thing almost REQUIRE you to relocate the TP backwards to some extent, compared to my '06, unless you've got a really tiny BSR.  My BSR is 5'3" and 120 lbs, so that's pretty tiny in my book, and she didn't have enough room between my backrest and hers.  The Lumbar support is a nice feature, but it was not thought out all the way through, IMO.  Not surprising, coming from HD...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 10:14:38 PM »

Going through a similar experience with my BSR, except her complaint is that her "butt bones", not tailbone, seem to get all the pressure.  So, I got the George Anderson TP relocator and put it in the 1 1/2" back position...2 1/2" seems too far back for someone 5'3" (my BSR) and seems that it would make her lean too far back, or not have her butt totally on the seat.  The 1 1/2" position seems to have everything lined up perfectly, considering the lumbar support in the backrest.  I also had the rear floorboards swapped to the opposite sides so that the adjustment was to the rear of the bike prior to installing the TP relocator, but since she's further back now, it appeared that her calves were going to contact the bag guards, so I moved them back to the proper sides and have them one notch forward of all the way up.  Got her to sit on the bike, and it looks like her legs are level to very slightly down at the knee, which should distribute her weight evenly on the back of her thighs and butt, and she'll be able to change positions a bit by sliding forward or back, and stretching her legs forward, or pulling them back.  Haven't been able to test the new adjustments yet (it's been too damn hot to ride here lately), but it APPEARS that this might work better.

Honestly, the jury is still out on whether I like the adjustable passenger floorboards...they get in my way big time when moved forward too much, and seem a bit of a stretch for the BSR as well, unless she has longer legs or is taller.

On my '06 SEUC, I had installed the Kury adjustable pegs and that seemed to work well for my then BSR (different person), who was about 5'4".

The new bikes with the Lumbar thing almost REQUIRE you to relocate the TP backwards to some extent, compared to my '06, unless you've got a really tiny BSR.  My BSR is 5'3" and 120 lbs, so that's pretty tiny in my book, and she didn't have enough room between my backrest and hers.  The Lumbar support is a nice feature, but it was not thought out all the way through, IMO.  Not surprising, coming from HD...

Try making 3 or 4 different BSR's comfortable! I set it up where the floorboards aren't in my way and try to convince them each that they will get used to it after a couple more trips...

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 12:23:11 AM »

Put your BSR on the back of a hardtail with a p-pad for a few hours.
You won't have any more complaints about the UC, guaranteed =P

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.