Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IPOD Interface and Hawg Wired  (Read 1568 times)

mmbraun

• Junior CVO Member
IPOD Interface and Hawg Wired
« on: June 20, 2011, 10:35:11 AM »

I am going to install the HD IPOD interface with the new Hawg Wired Six Pack system.  Will the IPOD unit fit on top of the Hawg Wired amp, or does it need to go somewhere else?  Anyone done this?

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: IPOD Interface and Hawg Wired
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 08:41:19 PM »

HW's installation instructions (available on their website) typically call for mounting their amps on top of the module (e.g. XM, CB, iPod); i.e. install the module per HD's instructions on top of the HK radio, then install the amp on top of the module.  HW sells a "blank" module/filler to install next to the module to create a flat surface if there is only one module installed.

Carl

mmbraun

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »

I already have the xm and cb modules on top of the factory radio, and will put the hawg wired amp on top of these.  My question, is can I put the ipod module on top of the hawg wired amp?  Is there enough clearance?

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »

In the absence of a definitive reply, ask Hawg Wired and/or contact hd-dude (Jim) who does a lot of work on CVO's and is a Hawg Wired dealer.

In any case, you can mount the iPod module under the HK radio using Velcro or simply buy the relocation bracket sold by cvoharley.com memeber Scott:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=61136.0

Good luck with your project.

Carl

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:32:20 AM »

There is not enough clearance on top of the Hawg Wired amp for another module. The amp is already being mounted higher since you have 2 modules below it. You will have to mount the amp as far back against the speedo and tach as possible to clear the outer fairing.

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 06:30:31 AM »

Guys, I was told when I called HW that they couldn't tell me for sure that the Ipod module would fit. I had the same issue, that's why I went with the J&M set up and there bracket that moved the XM/CB module. The option they gave me was to put it in a saddle bag. ;)  Did you buy the amp already? I would like to know if it fits also.

Trey

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.