Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CUSE Home From Reno!  (Read 1200 times)

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
CUSE Home From Reno!
« on: May 13, 2006, 08:06:30 PM »

Hey Guys,
I am just back from my trip to Freedom Cycle in Reno.  10 days, 5400km, and some great mods.  I met with Sanjoseduke and we had a great time.  Thanks for being such a great tour-guide.  As for the mods, I had Freedom install the True-duals, Power Commander, Ridestr8, Baker Six-speed, and gear driven cams.  The bike runs great and sounds fantastic [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  I rode for 15 hours yesterday and loved the sixth gear.  I can't believe the difference in the bike!  It now runs and handles like a Screaming Eagle should.  No more wobble and I hit 80km side winds in Southern Alberta and the bike handled great.  I can't say enough about the service and work the guys at Freedom did.  If any of you are considering the Freedom package, I will personally vouch for their excellent workmanship and service.  This is a kick-ass bike now that the mods are done.  Sanjoseduke has the Dyno sheets and he has promised to post them for me.
Canuck
Crazy Canuck

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
Re: CUSE Home From Reno!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »

Hey Kerry,
  Glad you like the mods and it's all working for you. I've really got to look into getting the Ridestr8. You make it sound like there was a noticeable difference. I've never experienced the violent bucking on high speed curves that was discussed but I do feel a slight wandering almost all the time.
  Do you have any rattle from your pipes? I've only put 150 miles on mine since the pipes. At first they rattled quite a bit but it seems to be getting better as time goes on.
Bret
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:01:29 AM »

Hey Bret,
The mods have been great!  I really love the bike now that it has a little jam to it and sounds great.  I feel very confident riding the bike into turns and taking it up to high speeds.  The wobble is gone!  I have not noticed any rattling from the pipes either.  I can honestly say, this is the bike I always dreamed of.  It is a great ride.  I will be taking it for another long ride this weekend with my wife on the back so I will be interested to see if it handles any different with two-up.  I am going to check into how I go about checking the air pressure in the rear shocks and possibly adding some pressure for the extra rider.
Hope you are enjoying your ride.

Kerry
Crazy Canuck

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »

Kerry,

Glad to hear that you had a safe and productive trip to Reno.
I just knew you would like Brad and his crew along with the Freedom Cycles setup.

jeffj

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:22:58 PM »

Thanks Jeff for your support and information.  Your testimony was instrumental in my decision.  You should check out the pictures of Duke and I under the picture subject.
Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.