Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: led head light harley vs kuryakin  (Read 1378 times)

redrum

led head light harley vs kuryakin
« on: June 27, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »

can anybody tell me which is the better headlight the kuryakin or harley led

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: led head light harley vs kuryakin
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:29:45 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Seen both and I have to admit the HD wins for brightness and looks.  The Harley also had the LED passing lamps.

They will light up the road.

:coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »

I have the Kuryakin, which are made by Truck Lite,  ... I think I made the right choice JMHO................
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:46:15 PM »

I have the Kuryakin, which are made by Truck Lite,  ... I think I made the right choice JMHO................
George, I think your lights look good and bright. Are the Kuryakn lights a little cheaper than the HD version.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »

I put the HD version on my Ultra.  While I REALLY like the low beam, I can't say I'm at all impressed with the high beam.  It does very little.  As of yet, I have not had the chance to get her out on a really dark highway, but around town the high beam does little to nothing.  The low beam, on the other hand, works so well that I may forget about even using the high beam.  It produces a great wide long distance pattern that so far has only had 1 opposing car flash it's lights at me.  So I don't think I've got it aimed too high.  Even with the higher powered spots, the low beam does a great job.  The spots add some to the furthest distances, but not much any closer.  If you didn't want to do anything to your spots (or don't have them), the low beam is enough to cover most all of your bases.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

lv2ride56

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 12:01:39 AM »

http://www.lrsanitary.com/0/leds_update.pdf

Based on this comparison I went with the Truck Lite headlight and passing lamps. Perhaps not quite as good as the JW (HD) at night they are much brighter in daylight. JW doesn't show as well as stock bulb while Truck-Lite is way brighter. Have ridden in several group rides since installing and EVERYONE notices. Night time is several times better than stock. Also, as report in above comparison, Truck Lite is about half of JW (HD) lights. No brainer for me.
Patriot Guard Rider

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 21 queries.