Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower kit.  (Read 2490 times)

broncolover18

Lower kit.
« on: June 20, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »

I just bought a 2011 FLHXSE2. I need help finding a good lowering kit for the rear. Any help and pics?

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
Re: Lower kit.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:28:06 PM »

For the front??

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 08:42:25 PM »

I just bought a 2011 FLHXSE2. I need help finding a good lowering kit for the rear. Any help and pics?

Since it already has the shorter shocks in the rear, you can only go to 11 1/2" which is 1/2" shorter than stock. I tried that once and it rode like crap and scraped the floorboards a lot more in the turns.  Have you thought about a lower and more narrow seat. The reason I suggest this is beacuae I am 5'6" and have gone down this road before.

James-h

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »

Came across this link yesterday, thought it may be of interest.  Its for a Bagger Worx 3.5" drop seat kit.  A little pricey but will get the job done and then some!!!   ;)

http://www.chopperscycle.com/bagger/drop-seat-kits

2009 FLHTCUISE4
Rinehart True Duals
Breather kit
Tuner
Corbin seat, backrest and tourpack arm rest
Hog Tunes Speakers (Front, rear, tweets, woofers, amps)

jcd520

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »

What they said above---------------Also you won't like it , rides like a buckboard with anything lower and the shocks that are on it are absolutely excellent. If you do lower it more in the rear you will want to do the front to maintain some reasonable handling but I really don't think you will like the ride. The seat idea is worth looking at.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »

Personally, I would not recommend permanently lowering the rear of the bike any more than it already is.  There are several alternatives.  I'm 5'8" with about a 28.5" inseam, so can relate.  Depending on how much drop you need, and when, you could get a Corbin seat which is lower/closer.  I have a 2011 SERGU, which is taller than your bike.  I also had an '06 SEUC at one time.  I installed Legend Air rear shocks on the '06 and put them on the 2011 shortly after picking up the bike.  On a bike with full length suspension, it allows you to drop the rear 3" when you need to, such as when you're walking the bike around trying to park, etc, and then have them anywhere in-between for riding.  The on board compressor mounts between the frame, behind the tranny...easy to install and out of the way.  On your bike, which has 12" shocks instead of the "normal" 13", it would drop an additional 2+" when needed.  They are not cheap, but work great.

http://www.legendsuspensions.com/Products.aspx?PID=8&VIEW=Product

The Bagger Werx thing looks like an alternative, but by the time you had the covers painted, you'd have a lot more invested than in the Legends, plus a hell of a lot more work involved.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »

Personally, I would not recommend permanently lowering the rear of the bike any more than it already is.  There are several alternatives.  I'm 5'8" with about a 28.5" inseam, so can relate.  Depending on how much drop you need, and when, you could get a Corbin seat which is lower/closer.  I have a 2011 SERGU, which is taller than your bike.  I also had an '06 SEUC at one time.  I installed Legend Air rear shocks on the '06 and put them on the 2011 shortly after picking up the bike.  On a bike with full length suspension, it allows you to drop the rear 3" when you need to, such as when you're walking the bike around trying to park, etc, and then have them anywhere in-between for riding.  The on board compressor mounts between the frame, behind the tranny...easy to install and out of the way.  On your bike, which has 12" shocks instead of the "normal" 13", it would drop an additional 2+" when needed.  They are not cheap, but work great.

http://www.legendsuspensions.com/Products.aspx?PID=8&VIEW=Product

The Bagger Werx thing looks like an alternative, but by the time you had the covers painted, you'd have a lot more invested than in the Legends, plus a hell of a lot more work involved.

I found my Corbin solo wider in the front than the stock seat on my '10 SESG--even after they did the "nose job" as they call it. I heard C&C seats are lower and more narrow. That's what I'm getting for the '11.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »

There's also the Corbin Classic Solo Close that's approx. 2" closer to the tank and narrower in the nose.  It's what my wife has and she's very happy with it.

The Touring Pillion (wider and longer for more passenger comfort) looks good with it and matches up well.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

S.E.Chic

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Eagle has landed!
    • GA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Inferno Orange
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »

I'm only 5'1-3/4" and put the Danny Gray Speed Cradle on mine. It lowered me and pushed me forward just enough.  I also went to the local boot shop and had them add 1/2" heal on my boots!

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »

Check out Danny Gray seats (they are awesome) and Arnott air shocks with the onboard compressor.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 12:08:37 AM »

Anyone lowered the front???  Did it help !!!

I am 5'9" and do not want to touch the back shocks

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.