Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ride To Carolina's  (Read 1653 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Ride To Carolina's
« on: May 21, 2006, 03:54:35 PM »

I have returned from my ride to Carolina's (Wilmington N.C. & Myrtle Beach S.C.). Weather was perfect the entire time down there. I left from home on May 16 with plans on meeting Twolane and riding together for a while towards Myrtle. Unfortunately Don was not able to meet me, and I rode down by myself. Weather started off a little chilly in the low 60's (to me, some of you further up north probably would give your first born for weather like this). At least it wasn't raining so I was thankful of that, as I've said before I can do cold (to a point), and I can do rain. I just don't like them together, that really sucks.

I had contacted Spydglide (Spyder) about meeting him on the way down to put a face to all his posts. He lives not to far from the dealer (Shelton's H-D in Smithfield) I purchased my bike from in N.C. So when I crossed the N.C. state line I gave him a call. Unfortunately I had either written the numbers down wrong or Spyder had given me the wrong number. Well when I called the number and asked for "Spyder" some lady said there was no one by that name at that number. I then called Shelton's H-D and talked to my salesman and asked him if he knew of Spyder. He had heard of the name and directed me to someone that new him, and I got the number. When I called he wasn't there so I left a message, and continued toward dealer. Once arriving at dealer and shooting the chit for a few minutes this guy comes riding in on a 1994 FLSTN Special with a big grin that I can see through his full face helmet. Well once the helmet comes off I recognize him immediately.

(I'll continue more of journey after posting picture of Spyder and me)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 08:39:26 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Re: Ride To Carolina's
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 03:57:46 PM »

Spyder and I have a nice long conversation and start to look around the store. We notice out front there is a brand new "Watermelon". We go over and start checking out the bike, and as two CVO addicted men we are we got into a little confrontation over who would get the bike.

See picture below.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 04:00:38 PM »

Well during this confrontation I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. As you well know most guys that own  [smiley=pumpkin.gif] are partial to this color. Don't know how I didn't see it in the beginning. Spyder and I decided if I were to get another bike this would be a better match for my existing stable.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 04:10:51 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Fired00d,
  Looks like ya'll had a blast!  First time I've missed that Rally in many a moon.  Some of us gotta' work for a livin', though!  spyder's a Hoot!  Did ya'll stretch 'em out on the way to MB?  Did you get to meet Nite-Al?  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »

After having an enjoyable time meeting with Spyder we said our goodbyes. I continued on to Wilmington, and spent the next couple of days traveling the back roads of N.C. Visited Jacksonville (home of Camp Lejeune) were I was stationed many years ago. Couldn't remember anything from when I was there back 1977-1978. Had wanted to meet up w/Tankerpig while I was there, but Uncle Sam had other plans for him. Hopefully we'll be able to hook up later this summer when Uncle Sam sends him to Va. After leaving Jacksonville we traveled to Kinston then back to Wilmington.

BTW the friend I went to visit has an '03 SERK (yes, he knows about the website, but has two young kids, and not enough time in the day as it is). He set up appointments with some of his business associates in outlying cities and we rode our bikes to his appointments. While he met w/his associates I rode around and checked out the city.

Next day we got a late afternoon start and road to Whiteville N.C. again taking some scenic back roads. Then on Friday we headed to Myrtle Beach for the day. Since I've been to Myrtle several times I mainly ride down to get H.O.G. pin, and check out some vendors and bike show. I really don't get into cruising the strip as I'm concerned about stop and go traffic and overheating my bike (along w/the constant shifting and stopping plays havoc on my bad hip). So we stayed on the new "bypass" as much as possible as we made the rounds. We checked out some of the vendors at the Convention Center, and then headed over to Broadway on the Beach to see some more. I was hoping to find the Zippers trailer, but was unable to locate them. Had intended to head over to Barefoot Landing to check out the Rat's Hole Bike Show, but time ran out on us, and we headed back to Wilmington.

Woke up Saturday morning to head back to Va. to find it raining. My friend told me to look at weather channel to see what the prediction was. I did this and found out it was a quick moving shower and decided to wait an hour before leaving. This worked out perfectly as within an hour sky's cleared and weather was great for my ride back.

Put about 1,300 miles on the bike in 5 days and had great weather the entire time.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 04:24:46 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, spyder,
  See ya'll was havin' some fun, you Ol' Road Dog!  Even havin' fun, we revert back to the Ol' Days, huh?  'Cept back in the day, that cell phone woulda' been a bucket pin, or a roll of quarters!  Good to see your picture spyder.  You ain't changed a bit!  Everytime I see your handle on the Site, I think of the time I walked into the Serv-a-Stop, on I-77, and there were you, Nite-Al, and Rabbi.  Coldern' a Chicago wh@res heart that night, too, wudn't it?  Hard-core spyder, you're hard-core! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 04:25:21 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Fired00d,
  Looks like ya'll had a blast!  First time I've missed that Rally in many a moon.  Some of us gotta' work for a livin', though!  spyder's a Hoot!  Did ya'll stretch 'em out on the way to MB?  Did you get to meet Nite-Al?  Later--HUBBARD
Nope, Spyder headed back home (east), and I headed to Wilmington (south). Didn't meet up w/Nite-Al, wasn't aware he was in the area.

Saw several SEEG (one Pumpkin, a couple Cherries, a Banana, and one Teal), one CUSE on the road.

Sorry you missed it. Weather was great, and there is so many nice places to ride around there.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 04:29:20 PM »

Nope, Spyder headed back home (east), and I headed to Wilmington (south). Didn't meet up w/Nite-Al, wasn't aware he was in the area.

Saw several SEEG (one Pumpkin, a couple Cherries, a Banana, and one Teal), one CUSE on the road.

Sorry you missed it. [highlight]Weather was great, and there is so many nice places to ride around there[/highlight].

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Fired00d,
  Go ahead!  Rub it in!  :'( Later--HUBBARD

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 05:09:30 PM »

Thanks for sharing the report with us d00d!  We're anxious and looking forward to coming back there and doing some riding in that area!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 06:37:14 PM »

After having an enjoyable time meeting with Spyder we said our goodbyes. I continued on to Wilmington, and spent the next couple of days traveling the back roads of N.C. Visited Jacksonville (home of Camp Lejeune) were I was stationed many years ago. Couldn't remember anything from when I was there back 1977-1978. Had wanted to meet up w/Tankerpig while I was there, but Uncle Sam had other plans for him. Hopefully we'll be able to hook up later this summer when Uncle Sam sends him to Va. After leaving Jacksonville we traveled to Kinston then back to Wilmington.

BTW the friend I went to visit has an '03 SERK (yes, he knows about the website, but has two young kids, and not enough time in the day as it is). He set up appointments with some of his business associates in outlying cities and we rode our bikes to his appointments. While he met w/his associates I rode around and checked out the city.

Next day we got a late afternoon start and road to Whiteville N.C. again taking some scenic back roads. Then on Friday we headed to Myrtle Beach for the day. Since I've been to Myrtle several times I mainly ride down to get H.O.G. pin, and check out some vendors and bike show. I really don't get into cruising the strip as I'm concerned about stop and go traffic and overheating my bike (along w/the constant shifting and stopping plays havoc on my bad hip). So we stayed on the new "bypass" as much as possible as we made the rounds. We checked out some of the vendors at the Convention Center, and then headed over to Broadway on the Beach to see some more. I was hoping to find the Zippers trailer, but was unable to locate them. Had intended to head over to Barefoot Landing to check out the Rat's Hole Bike Show, but time ran out on us, and we headed back to Wilmington.

Woke up Saturday morning to head back to Va. to find it raining. My friend told me to look at weather channel to see what the prediction was. I did this and found out it was a quick moving shower and decided to wait an hour before leaving. This worked out perfectly as within an hour sky's cleared and weather was great for my ride back.

Put about 1,300 miles on the bike in 5 days and had great weather the entire time.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Sounds like a great trip!! Thanks for the report. Very descriptive... I was sittin' here doing visuals while reading it. I used to be stationed at Pope AFB right next to Ft Bragg (home of the 82nd Airborne) so I've done some riding there to include Wilmington Heck, I think I still have a picture of my wife and I on our 750 Honda in Wilmington around somewhere. Of course I was MUCH younger then (with more hair & less money)  ;D ;D ;D

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 09:08:02 PM »

I was hoping to find the Zippers trailer, but was unable to locate them. Had intended to head over to Barefoot Landing to check out the Rat's Hole Bike Show, but time ran out on us, and we headed back to Wilmington.
Fired00d

Zippers was there, along with the NUMEROUS other vendors, could see how it would be difficult to locate.

As to the Rat's Hole Show, you did not miss much since there were only a handful of bikes there. I will be posting their pics soon, so you can see them there.

Glad you had a good time.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 09:16:49 PM »

Zippers was there, along with the NUMEROUS other vendors, could see how it would be difficult to locate.

As to the Rat's Hole Show, you did not miss much since there were only a handful of bikes there. I will be posting their pics soon, so you can see them there.

Glad you had a good time.
The only thing I did was work up an appetite and get thirsty [smiley=givemebeer.gif] walking all around "Broadway At The Beach" looking for them. Finally gave up and had something to eat, and drink [smiley=drink.gif] before heading back to Wilmington.

Had planned on going up to Md. on tomorrow (Friday) and stopping by Zippers to check them out, but forecast calling for thunderstorms/rain most of the day. I'll have to plan a trip up there again before the end of riding season.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 04:28:23 PM »

[highlight]spent the next couple of days traveling the back roads of N.C. Visited Jacksonville (home of Camp Lejeune) were I was stationed many years ago. [/highlight]

Sounds like a great ride Gary. Been a long time for me since being stationed in Jacksonville with the 1/8. Things must have changed a bunch since the late 80's when I was there. Glad you got some good mileage under your belt Bro be good. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 22 queries.