Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One of only 4 Big Blue coming to Australia, and stuck on the docks in America!  (Read 1476 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Accckkkkk, Crud...The 2012 models had better be fugly...  My Big Blue has not left the docks on last report.  That means STILL 6-8 weeks before delivery.  2012's will be out!!!  They better be ugly, or I might be stuck for longer as I could possibly get a 2012 CVO by December.  That is the only thing wrong with being on this little 5000 km island... heh he

Look, I have a pretty cool scooter now.  I was just looking forward to the Auto Locking bags and forks, I can fix this up with a softer and taller suspension and seat. Dunno, better not be much more in delays...  Mind you, this is a pretty nice bike already, maybe I am just spoiled, what say Guys???  :confused5:

2011 SESG in Orange and Black original HD badge colors, added LED tail light ( pig snout style necessary for Australia ) LEDs across the windscreen metal trim with indicators built in, V&H Power duals, Super Trapp style SE mufflers, chrome over mirrors with LED indicators, Klock Werks screen, leather dash, CVO Passing Lights.....  Maybe I should not worry about Big Blue, heated seats and grips, softy stuff...??   :nixweiss:

Take it if it gets here, and quit worrying about it.. What think my Brothers?  My wife no longer wants to ride with me, dunno why I need the queen seat....  I copied a picture of a solo version of my SESG with the top box I miss.  Maybe I should quit worrying about all the softy stuff...  Take spoon of cement a day and harden up.. :2vrolijk_21:  This looks pretty good... Maybe I do it anyway, and by the time I got all the parts and finished it Big Blue would be here.. ha ha ha..

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)

Cowboy, I love the 11" SESG you have now!!! IMO I have not seen a Red or Big Blue SEUC that looks better than your O/B SG. However I do like the added perks that the SEUC comes with as standard equipment. No offense to all you Red/Blue SEUC owners. To me the O/B paint really pops and the graphics are unique. Sorry but I am tired of "Flames". I really hope the MOCO came up with something different for 2012. On the plus side you may get to see what the 2012's paint looks like before you have to decide. 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Sharp Roadking,

I had an Ultra, and wanted the cargo capability, top box, fat tyres and smaller wheels, air suspension, auto locking boxes and forks, heated grips and seat, of the Big Blue...  But you are right, and the SESG is an awesome color and swept back lines.  Mine is even lowered a bit more..  I am not sure I am going to sell it, might just be a pig....  Or at 6'1" maybe a Hawg... heh he...

I am not getting the CVO Dresser for looks, while I do dig the blue it is more about the long haul easy on the bones thing..  I might swing keeping both, Big Blue or another full Dresser, and this big wheeled hot rod would be the local bike, Big Blue for longer hauls or cargo...  Dunno...  :nixweiss:
Just feels a bit toooo greeedy to have both...  :coolblue:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:02:27 PM by Cowboy2 »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Cowboy,
If want them, and can afford it, get/keep 'em both mate.  Nothing greedy about having two.  I've got a 10 SESG and an 11 SERGU, and don't regret it one bit. 
:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)

Cowboy,
If want them, and can afford it, get/keep 'em both mate.  Nothing greedy about having two.  I've got a 10 SESG and an 11 SERGU, and don't regret it one bit. 
:devil:
X2.
I agree.
I can not afford 2 bikes at the present time.
But if I could I sure would.
You should also.
Had a dresser and wide glide in the past n rode them both a lot.
One for around town and the other for long rides with a bsr.
Dave

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6

dont worry big blue will come. if we got everything we wanted when we wanted we would be spoiled. the antcipation and dreaming is part of the fun enjoy the time with your current ride. quit worrying about 2012s. they are not going to have radios anyway. your dream will arrive and you will enjoy it just as much then.besides isnt it winter down under now. hang in there buddy its going to happen.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

Cowboy, If I could afford both I would keep them in a heartbeat. My plans are. Momma wants a 2011 CVO Softail Convt. then I have been wanting a 2008 CVO Roadking just for fun. Of course I will keep the 09SEUC. Gotta keep momma happy!   

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Smoky Mountain Boy, Sharp Road King, Big Dave, Red Devil,

You Guys are great, thanks for the support.  You don't appreciate how cool you Guys have it, where you can just go pick it up.  I have to pay $49,000 for it converted and wait up to 4-5 months to get a new CVO...  Oh well, small price to pay to live out on the "Last Frontier".... Australia is sort of Texas about 1961, I know, I was there...  :coolblue:

And thank you for support on not feeling greedy having two, I appreciate your sentiments Guys.  I may just do that, unless Big Blue is so cool, that I don't ride the O&B Street Glide...   :nixweiss:  I will go with what you suggest, kick back, be patient (not me) and I will keep both for at least six months until next summer...

Thanks again Brothers...  And by the by, 5 degrees C (about 38 F) down under in winter and getting colder.  A Brother with BIKERS FOR CHRIST is coming down an hour and one coming up an hour, to go to Church with me tomorrow...  That is Brothers for you...   My Interstate Leather chaps are sure going on tomorrow morning..    :2vrolijk_21:

Cowboy, Down Under in Oz...

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

Cowboy, Still Saturday morning here, just cooked the wife and I some bisquits and bacon, having my second cup of coffee. It's cooled down a little the high today should be 90deg. as opposed to almost 100deg. last week. I think you came up with a great plan. Keep the SESG for at least six months and see how things go. Don't make any rash decisions. Since bikes take such a hugh effort and expense to get to OZ, if you end up wanting to sell it, you should not have a problem doing that. I had to wait a long time to get my bike but that was due to lack of funds not because the bike was not accessible. Glad we could help, it's what we do!     

Ziploc

Cowboy,

First, let me say I think you have one of the nicest looking SGs I've seen.  That O/B is one of HDs best paint schemes if you ask me, and your mods are great.

With that said, l agree with most of the other guys... if you can afford it, go for it!  The added wait will only make it that much sweeter when delivered.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Hey Ziplock Brother,

I dig what you say man, I even put the Big Dog Old School three headlights on the front.  Course you need them here running at night, roos are a problem at times...  I dig this paint job so much, that if it was just a case of air suspension, fatter seat, and a top box, I would do the sweetie up with all the goodies.  I agree, it might be the best HD ever did in the old Bar and Shield original O/B colors...  But, auto locking on all boxes and front forks, top box for my Cowboy hat, higher suspension so I don't drag my V&H Powerduals on right hand down tight, smaller wheels and bigger phatt tyres, I am just going to half to wait.   :confused5:

This is the coolest place on Earth to live, the "Last Frontier"....  But you have to suffer the odd bit, like it being lost for 10 days now.  HD Australia was called twice today and emailed by my Dealer, and they are still clueless... Heh he.. As usual...   :cowboy:

Here it to hoping it is on the water,   :drink:  and not in front of some taco stand in East LA....   :wall: Just kidding mis amigos, UNLESS YOU HAVE IT, GIVE IT BACK!!!

Just kidding......

Thanks all you Brothers out there, hope to ship one of them to America some day....  Or, you are welcome here in Oz..
God Bless America and Harley Davidson... Stay Strong. AND OLD SCHOOL RULES... :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.