Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lifter failure  (Read 2762 times)

springerdude

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange
lifter failure
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:15:30 PM »

Have an 08 springer with 9500 miles on it lifter let go killed bottom end. Out of warranty no extended decided to call moco anyway. Explained my displeasure about the 110 motor low miles lifter failure. Moco sent me a new motor all I had to pay for was the labor to remove old one and to put new one in. Moco done right by me glad I called. Took two weeks to get new motor up and running now.    :orange:  :mango:  :bananarock:

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: lifter failure
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »

good for you. :2vrolijk_21:

hope you get many miles and smiles.

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »

That's so great to hear!! Glad you called.

Makes you wonder who the real culprit is when the dealerships claim to be going to bat for you and they can't get a motor replaced for far worse breaks while UNDER warranty.

:drink:

springerdude

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »

Thanks guys. Danbury Harley was the dealer who did the exchange for me. They also helped in getting moco to replace the motor. Great bunch of guys there. If i didn't make the call I don't think it would have turned out as it did. Sounds like Moco knows they have a problem with the 110's and instead of a recall you have to call to get them to do something. Anyways I'm happy, now lets see if I can get more than 9500 miles out of this new one.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »

Man!   now that's a nice contrast in comparison to all the other horror stories on this site.   Glad to hear it springerdude! :2vrolijk_21:

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 06:38:25 AM »

That's so great to hear!! Glad you called.

Makes you wonder who the real culprit is when the dealerships claim to be going to bat for you and they can't get a motor replaced for far worse breaks while UNDER warranty.

:drink:

Wonder how much money is made via padding the warranty claims?
BTW, the extended warranties are provided via an extended warranty carrier (not the Moco), given the phone "OK", to repair whatever the mechanic says is wrong,(be that right or wrong) and are paid via credit card, before the customer even see's the bike.
Most shops, as long as they want to do the paperwork, can do extended warranty work. ;)
Scott

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »

Wonder how much money is made via padding the warranty claims?
BTW, the extended warranties are provided via an extended warranty carrier (not the Moco), given the phone "OK", to repair whatever the mechanic says is wrong,(be that right or wrong) and are paid via credit card, before the customer even see's the bike.
Most shops, as long as they want to do the paperwork, can do extended warranty work. ;)
Scott

In this case the bike owner had written specifically that extended warranty wasn't part of the equation.  No ESP relavence to this repair.

mud man

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 silver
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »

by new motor you mean complete as in whole thing my dealer tells me they don't exist . are the serial # s matching to your bike how long did you wait?
it ain't about getting to the grave in a perfectly preserved body it's about sliding in sideways saying  WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »

by new motor you mean complete as in whole thing my dealer tells me they don't exist . are the serial # s matching to your bike how long did you wait?

Your dealer is either badly misinformed, or he's trying to BS you.  Harley has replaced many engines over the years when the failures were bad enough that the repair cost would exceed their cost to just replace the whole thing.  They stamp your current VIN on the cases, ship the engine to the dealer for installation, and the dealer has to return the old engine to H-D so there won't be two engines floating around with the same VIN.  There have been many such exchanges made in the past few years since the TC96 and CVO110 were introduced, when things like crankshafts failed spectacularly or lifters failed and spewed metal throughout the engine.

BTW, when they send an engine it is just the actual engine, and doesn't include all the parts in the primary or the intake system.  What is commonly referred to as a "long block" in the automotive world.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »

Much easier than having to really fix them...switcho change-o..

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »

Came upon this lifter design recently. A lightweight hydraulic roller lifter with NO NEEDLE BEARINGS. Anyone have any experience with these?
Tom P.

http://www.rollerxlifters.com/Special-Report.html

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.