Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone running CAMS & Thundermax TBW tuner in a 2010 CVO?  (Read 3816 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Anyone running CAMS & Thundermax TBW tuner in a 2010 CVO?
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »

Hi,

I just ride, I openly admit I am a mechanically retarded.  I don't read instructions and I hate putting chit together.....well not really, I can install chrome?  Anyway, looking for some shortcuts.  Someone running the basics on a 2010 CVO, a pipe, high flow air, cams, and the Thundermax TBW tuner.  Like to know what cams and what map you are running, and did you have to adjust the timing on your bike.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Anyone running CAMS & Thundermax TBW tuner in a 2010 CVO?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »

if you dont want to worry about it - either leave it stone stock or put on the rev performance tuner - bolt on whatever you want and ride it. when you want to bolt on other stuff just do it and ride it

to

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »

I run a custom map ,and custom cams on my 2010 seuc ,d-d,and thunder max.   Thundermax would be a great place to start with map question .Send them a e-mail with bike ,motor,upgrades and cam info and they will guide you in right directions.  jdo

Smoker1

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 10:48:24 PM »

I have a 2010 Softail onvertible.
So far I have put Python Staggered duals on it and a ThunderMax with Autotune. So far I am liking the Thundermax pretty well.
Once I have had a chance to run the ThunderMax for a while I am going to go with S&S .585 gear drive cams.
Still running the CVO air cleaner at this time, but thin king about a Forcewinder or Heavy Breather in the near future.
Also, next step after cams will be a compression increase to 10.5:1, then "maybe" some head work.
 I love the power this thing made straight from the showroom, but I am having a lot of fun playing with it and just seeing how much more I can get out of it!!   :orange:

GBRAVO

• My PANHEAD 51
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 07:54:21 AM »

A really good and smart starting point, where you can appreciate a big improvement is install a high flow air filter and the thunder max.
Your bike will breathe better and the thundermax will help to release big part of the power that the engine has inside. Next step should be a high flow exhaust. I don’t recommend change the cam, the CVO has a nice cam, with low noise and keep your engine reliable.
I have this configuration in my bike and I’m very please with the performance.

harleycharlie1992

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 09:48:52 AM »

if you dont want to worry about it - either leave it stone stock or put on the rev performance tuner - bolt on whatever you want and ride it. when you want to bolt on other stuff just do it and ride it

to

agree with this completely, great product well worth the money!

Smoker1

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 10:08:34 PM »

A really good and smart starting point, where you can appreciate a big improvement is install a high flow air filter and the thunder max.
Your bike will breathe better and the thundermax will help to release big part of the power that the engine has inside. Next step should be a high flow exhaust. I don’t recommend change the cam, the CVO has a nice cam, with low noise and keep your engine reliable.
I have this configuration in my bike and I’m very please with the performance.

So you think the heavy breather really flows better than the oval high flow filter that comes from the factory with the FLSTSE?

GBRAVO

• My PANHEAD 51
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 10:57:50 AM »

So you think the heavy breather really flows better than the oval high flow filter that comes from the factory with the FLSTSE?

Yes, base in the lab flow test.
This is just one example but you can found good info in the web before to select one.
http://www.wimmermachine.com/_html/1.html

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »

It might help at 130 miles per hour but it won't do diddly squat around town unless you intend to cruise at 6000 RPM. :nixweiss:

Al
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »

already have high flow air, and rinehart true duals with the 4" cans and performance baffle.  Even though i have the T-Max, i think i may pass on the cams and just get it fine tuned on the dyno by someone that knows T-max and HD.  Keep the rest stock and enjoy the ride!!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Smoker1

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »

Cool! I believe I will go ahead and add the Heavy Breather to my wish list!
In fact I will probly put it next on the list, just before the cams!!
The ThunderMax is working out AWESOME!! (Self Installed and Tuned)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 10:16:02 AM »

I could not believe the performance gains felt by adding my Tmax.   I had dyno tuned with a race tuner before and was disappointed that the bike ran too hot... rear cylinder always shutting off.  I think it now runs cooler and it was a huge improvement in performance.

I would love to try the Rev Performance tuner to see how it would compare.  I am still playing with the timing to try and totally eliminate some pinging.
I have made great progress on that but I still have some slight pinging. 

480Ruger

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 09:03:54 AM »

2nd that Guppy.  Dyno tuned race tuner and nothing like it runs with the TMax.  Still looking to see if the TMax doesn't use ACRs. 
03 FLSTFI
   95" stage 3
04 VRSCB
   PC-3
   Rhineharts
10 FLHTCUSE5
   Bub 7 TDX
   Zipper's MaxFlow
   Tmax

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.