Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stock Seat... here we go again  (Read 873 times)

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Stock Seat... here we go again
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »

Second new seat and new bumpers under the seat. Didn't take long before the seat horn pulled back from the console again.

Hate to take it back to the dealer for them to look at me like I have three heads and six legs. Thinking about pulling the tab on the rear of the seat and extending it.

I know I'm not the only one and looked for others to discuss this in a recent thread... didn't find anything recent sooooo... Here we go again.

No, not thinking Corbin or C&C. I'm sure they are great replacements and look fantastic. Just got a C&C for the wife's SG and my credit card is smoke'n

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Stock Seat... here we go again
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »

Second new seat and new bumpers under the seat. Didn't take long before the seat horn pulled back from the console again.

Hate to take it back to the dealer for them to look at me like I have three heads and six legs. Thinking about pulling the tab on the rear of the seat and extending it.

I know I'm not the only one and looked for others to discuss this in a recent thread... didn't find anything recent sooooo... Here we go again.

No, not thinking Corbin or C&C. I'm sure they are great replacements and look fantastic. Just got a C&C for the wife's SG and my credit card is smoke'n

I had been reading all the SESG complaints about the seats just like the '09 SERG that I have.  Finally in '11, the SESG seems to have fixed the problem with many on this site.

I ended up getting another seat approved for my '09 a couple months ago and opted for the '11 SESG seat instead of another '09 SERG seat.  I am VERY happy with the fit and comfort of it.  My wife said that the rear is better than the '09 seat as well.

For me, MOCO was paying for a new '09 seat and the '11 SESG seat is actually cheaper, so the dealership said no problem.

Check out the '11 seat as long as it's still under the warranty, which I'm sure it is.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: Stock Seat... here we go again
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:55:21 PM »

Thanks Dan

I'll look into the new 11 seat.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.