Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: well-the paint problems continue into the 2012's  (Read 3886 times)

dps4

• FLHRSEI.ORG
well-the paint problems continue into the 2012's
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »

I saw a new black CVO Street Glide today. I looked at it for a few seconds, and saw 3 major bubbles/flaws in the paint. Somethings never change!

Ticitme

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Dark Slate/Black Diamond
Re: well-the paint problems continue into the 2012's
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »

Weird. My last 3 Harley's including my CVO have had no paint problems to speak of. I work in a car dealership and you should see what passes for acceptable paint.

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:37:12 PM »

I saw a 12 in black/gray today and it was flawless. I must say, HD did a great job on the 12s. If it didn't have the rear bag speakers, I would have one. But I travel way too much and can't give up the space. I can't wait to see the other colors.

Ticitme

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 07:57:26 AM »

I saw a 12 in black/gray today and it was flawless. I must say, HD did a great job on the 12s. If it didn't have the rear bag speakers, I would have one. But I travel way too much and can't give up the space. I can't wait to see the other colors.

I thought that they would take up a lot of bag space too, but I get all my normal road trip stuff in there, plus some extra stuff in the drop portion of the bags. So I actually get more in the SESG then I did in my 2011 96" SG

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »

You are giving me hope! It looked to me as though a normal side bag that is full will not fit due to interference with the speaker and the amp on the left side. Are you using the canvas side bags in yours? I am talking about the canvas bags that come with the Ultra. My wife takes one and I take the other for our clothes when we travel. When we get to the hotel, we simply pull the bag and carry to room. We use the tourpak for things we need on the road...rain suits, jackets, helmets, etc. It works like a charm.

I have actually contempleted taking the rear speaker system off of a 12 and just getting new lids painted to match. Do you see any issues in doing this? Are there quick disconnects on the wiring for the rear speaker setup?

I thought that they would take up a lot of bag space too, but I get all my normal road trip stuff in there, plus some extra stuff in the drop portion of the bags. So I actually get more in the SESG then I did in my 2011 96" SG

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »

You are giving me hope! It looked to me as though a normal side bag that is full will not fit due to interference with the speaker and the amp on the left side. Are you using the canvas side bags in yours? I am talking about the canvas bags that come with the Ultra. My wife takes one and I take the other for our clothes when we travel. When we get to the hotel, we simply pull the bag and carry to room. We use the tourpak for things we need on the road...rain suits, jackets, helmets, etc. It works like a charm.

I have actually contempleted taking the rear speaker system off of a 12 and just getting new lids painted to match. Do you see any issues in doing this? Are there quick disconnects on the wiring for the rear speaker setup?

There has to be.....otherwise, how would you remove the bags to wash the bike or to change the tire.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Ticitme

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »

There has to be.....otherwise, how would you remove the bags to wash the bike or to change the tire.

Yep, cool system actually. I will take pics when I get home. I don't use the liners that come with the CVO. They fit fine on the right side, but the amp on the left stops the bag from fitting as nice as I like. I'm sure it would, but too much messing around just to stick my rain suit in.

I'm sure you could just put standard lids on and not think twice about it. Just have to unplug the left bag so the amp doesn't have power going to it.

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »

Yep, cool system actually. I will take pics when I get home. I don't use the liners that come with the CVO. They fit fine on the right side, but the amp on the left stops the bag from fitting as nice as I like. I'm sure it would, but too much messing around just to stick my rain suit in.

I'm sure you could just put standard lids on and not think twice about it. Just have to unplug the left bag so the amp doesn't have power going to it.

Thanks for the info...

If I were to go to the trouble of new lids I would also remove the power amp and the rest of the rear speaker set up. But perhaps this won't be necessary. I need to fill a bag liner and do a trial fit at a dealer. If a full liner fits in the right bag, that takes care of the wife. I could get by with a little less and use the left bag.

Ticitme

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »

So, had a little time at work. The speaker really doesn't intrude into the bag that much. The plug has a few open spots. I'm going to run power and ground through one to one of the new accy outlets HD just released.
That way, I still have quick detach and no extra holes in the bag.

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.