Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced Audio System - Bluetooth Capable  (Read 1908 times)

jdawg

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Advanced Audio System - Bluetooth Capable
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:16:44 AM »

When I bought my new cuse the dealer said the advance audio sytem was bluetooth capable.  I went on the HD site and saw the module for bluetooth and basic operation, however in my owners manual there  is no mention of it.  Is my dealer full of it...or am I missing something? [smiley=confused5.gif]

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
Re: Advanced Audio System - Bluetooth Capable
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »

When I bought my new cuse the dealer said the advance audio sytem was bluetooth capable.  I went on the HD site and saw the module for bluetooth and basic operation, however in my owners manual there  is no mention of it.  Is my dealer full of it...or am I missing something? [smiley=confused5.gif]

Nope he's completely right (for a change), it comes with it's own manual.  You need the module and some cables, works good.

And welcome to the site....

jdawg

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:33:36 AM »

Thanks FR8TRN...I guess the key word was "capable"...as I see the module only costs $496.95...

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 12:01:39 PM »

Thanks FR8TRN...I guess the key word was "capable"...as I see the module only costs $496.95...

Yeah it's a pricey little option, but a nice one to have......got mine at purchase so it was 20% off, it can be had for $389.35 from Zanotti's....

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

Bluetooth is an extra option. Works good. No problems yet. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »

Bluetooth is an extra option. Works good. No problems yet. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I didn't get or can't find my manual for the Bluetooth, anyone have the stupid pass key number so I can set it up?

I thought it was 1234 but it doesn't sync.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:51:44 AM »

Try all zeros...for some that is the default.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

clissner

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 10:00:59 PM »

I just got my FHLTCUSE and asked them to install the bluetooth before I picked it up.  When I got the bike, no one at the dealership had any idea how to activate it and introduce it to my phone. When I asked for the owners manual, they said that it only came with installation instructions which they showed me.  Again no reference on how to make it work.  Can anyone help with this?

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

I don't know how much help this will be, but if it's like a b-t headset, you turn on the bike unit, turn on your phone and the phone should recognize it and walk you through the actual connection.  FR8TRN has one, so he can confirm this or tell me if I'm full if chit!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 11:26:48 PM »

I don't know how much help this will be, but if it's like a b-t headset, you turn on the bike unit, turn on your phone and the phone should recognize it and walk you through the actual connection.  FR8TRN has one, so he can confirm this or tell me if I'm full if chit!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

That's the first part, but you need a pass key number to sync with the phone.  I had mine but lost it.  Now I am digging through all the crap I got with the bike to find the owner manual.

More to come....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 11:56:10 PM »

OK, got the pairing done.  The code pass key for the bike is 1 2 3 4.

Clissner, your phone manual will walk you through the necessary steps to get the phone to recognize the bike.  You get the bike set on Phone mode and it will automatically ask you to pair the phone.  Then when your phone asks for the pairing code, put in 1234.  

I'm getting closer, at least the bike sees the phone now.  Now if only I could hear the call through my headset.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 07:06:53 AM »

Clissner, your phone manual will walk you through the necessary steps to get the phone to recognize the bike.  You get the bike set on Phone mode and it will automatically ask you to pair the phone.  Then when your phone asks for the pairing code, put in 1234.  

I'm getting closer, at least the bike sees the phone now.  Now if only I could hear the call through my headset.

Sorry guys, jumpin in late here.....to hear thru the headset you need the speaker switch set to center or forward, all the way back (with light on the switch on) you should be hearing it over the speakers.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 01:02:36 PM »

Don't forget to adjust comm volume (seperate from radio volume).

clissner

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »

Thanks rjob749, I will give it a try and see if I can get them to pair up, will post success or failure!

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.