Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zumo 660 factory installed on 2011 CVO Ultra How to play mp3 thru radio  (Read 1796 times)

get2

• TN

Have new cvo ultra with factory installed zumo 660, but i can not play mp3 thru radio. missing the the button or setting. Voice works on turns, and i do not care about this I want the music.  Local dealer says that they could not hook up the ipod module. 

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme

Short answer, you have to open up the fairing and finish the wiring that the factory did not do.  Run the audio out from the Zumo to the NIM and the Aux port on your radio.

More details and how this all really works can be found in this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=59215.0

Not sure about why they can't hook up the ipod module.
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos

The iPod module comes standard, that is a little strange. The easiest way to get the music from the 660 through the radio is using the aux jack on the front of the radio and the right side of the 660, they did not hook it up in the harness.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!

I bought a memory card for my 660. downloaded my music collection today. It is like apples next to oranges as far as the sound quality compaired to my ipod. Ipod sounded 10 times better.. I'll keep my music on my ipod. GPS is for navigation anyway, not music.. sorry. I'm a bit old skool, but an ear like a hawk!
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 5

The Ipod module doees NOT come standard on the Ultra.....

jeff547943

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 (Blue Thunder)
Re: Zumo 660 factory installed on 2011 CVO Ultra How to play mp3 thru radio
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »

Have new cvo ultra with factory installed zumo 660, but i can not play mp3 thru radio. missing the the button or setting. Voice works on turns, and i do not care about this I want the music.  Local dealer says that they could not hook up the ipod module. 

Have the same bike,  tested navigation voice on handset first (not muted), connected the Zumo to bike, set radio on, entered a destination on the Zumo, speakers on bike were muted by Zumo but not voice commands come over the speaker or headset

jeff547943

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 (Blue Thunder)
Re: Zumo 660 factory installed on 2011 CVO Ultra How to play mp3 thru radio
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 08:25:33 PM »

OK, got it sorted, didn't set the volume of the bikes Nav Audio up, as delivered mine was turned down, so as per another post, when the Zumo cuts into the audio, hit the volume up on the handle bars and you will see NAV audio appear on the audio display.

So on a CVO 2011 FLHTCUSE6:
  • have rear speakers on as well, i.e. the orange led in the toggle switch is on and tune in to a radio or have some audio running so you know that when it fades the Zumo is talking
  • get the Zumo talking, best way to do all this is with bike parked, and just hit menu and recalculate so the Zumo talks about the destination
  • when the Zumo talks, the audio will fade, thats when you hit the volume up for the bikes audio on the handle bars,  and you will see NAV audio volume, F & R appear on the audio display, adjust to desired level (full on for me)
...there doesn't appear to be a Nav audio control on the bike (not that I could find) but when

now that I got it all sorted I'll shelve it and enjoy getting lost without someone telling me what to do  ;D

Jeff

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.