Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Tour pak designs  (Read 6111 times)

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
Re: Tour pak designs
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »

The painter is just down the street from me in Victorville and charged $200.00. He has a computer camera that matched the colors. Had the fairing painted with the same ideas but told him to not worry about putting "ghost flames" in the black on the pak. (only because the pak will be on when my wife goes for a ride)

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 10:05:15 PM »

The painter is just down the street from me in Victorville and charged $200.00. He has a computer camera that matched the colors. Had the fairing painted with the same ideas but told him to not worry about putting "ghost flames" in the black on the pak. (only because the pak will be on when my wife goes for a ride)

Fireguy - WOW!  What a deal!  Incredible!  Ask him if he wants to do another one just like it.......  even with shipping costs, I don't think I could beat that price.  My guy is 1,000 miles from me, and could never match the colors with a computer 'cause he won't touch a computer.  With my guy, I'd have to get the paint from H-D, and we both know that alone would be over $200.

Meanwhile, I'll check shipping costs from Virginia.

'09 CVO 'Screamin' Eagle' FLTRSE3 w/Rinehart slip-ons, WindSplitter shield
'97 FXDWG, Stage II, fully tricked-out, faster than my CVO

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 10:17:35 PM »

After looking at ALOT of tour paks on the forum I am leaning toward is design. All of the ideas look great but the stripes on the tank seem to flow with the bike and make a clean look.

Fireguy - where did you get Ghost's pic here?  REALLY like his Screamin' Eagle decal - or was it painted on?  Would love that on the back of my Tour Pak....

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »

I didn't have anything put on the back on of the pak. I will check on monday with him and see what he will do.As far as the "ghost flames" they are in the black part of the paint and is a little tougher to do.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 05:44:19 AM »

Fireguy -

Thanks for checking with your guy - no hurry, haven't even bought the Tour Pak yet......

I was refering to the Screamin' Eagle decal ...this one....

Did you really convert your RG to an SG?  Wow.....lotta work....didn't like the fixed fairing - or the look?  Jus' curious.....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:58:52 AM by Gatornapper »

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 08:01:12 AM »

That is one great looking bike, and paint job.  Your painter does amazing work.  Congratulations!

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »

Love the looks of the SERG, but because I sit tall in the "saddle" I had to put a very tall windshield on the bike(because of the buffeting ) and IMO took away from the whole look. The SESG works a lot better for me and now I have a one-of-a-kind SESG.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »

Love the looks of the SERG, but because I sit tall in the "saddle" I had to put a very tall windshield on the bike(because of the buffeting ) and IMO took away from the whole look. The SESG works a lot better for me and now I have a one-of-a-kind SESG.

One of a kind indeed!  Stunning.  Hope you got some good $$$ for that SERG fairing!  All makes sense.  Since I'm vertically challenged (you and me together = normal), I do a lot of customizing on my bikes to make them fit like gloves.....so I do understand....I have a stock RG windsheild I've never put on it - mainly for long touring rides with my wife on back - but really like the "Windsplitter" shield I have on it now...has a great custom look, but still low......

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »

Hey Gatornapper, those are some serious trumpet horns you've put on there.  Are that nice and loud?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »

Hey Gatornapper, those are some serious trumpet horns you've put on there.  Are that nice and loud?  spyder

On every Harley I own, 120 db, really loud, look good, and only $53.99 @ J.C. Whitney!!!!!  AND DO I USE THEM!

If you even hint that you're aimin' at me or don't see me, you're gonna hear my horns......better safe than dead.

AND they usually stop animals in their tracks - including deer.........

STILL, you have people like the gal in a BMW 535 who wanted to come into my right lane while in the center lane at 55 mph
so she could turn into a shopping center.  As soon as she moved toward me, I gave her all 120 db.  She looked at me BUT SHE INSISTED
ON MY GETTING OUT OF HER WAY - "Buddy, I don't care about your horn or that you're not in a cage - I'm going shopping
and I don't care if I do kill you......"

Only problem on the Road Glide is the fairing seems to kick 50% of the sound back in my ears, whereas on my Wide Glide
I hear little.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:23:50 PM by Gatornapper »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »

On every Harley I own, 120 db, really loud, look good, and only $53.99 @ J.C. Whitney!!!!!  AND DO I USE THEM!

If you even hint that you're aimin' at me or don't see me, you're gonna hear my horns......better safe than dead.

AND they usually stop animals in their tracks - including deer.........

Only problem on the Road Glide is the fairing seems to kick 50% of the sound back in my ears, whereas on my Wide Glide
I hear little.
Yeah, that would be my problem with the lower fairings on the SEEG also.  Still, need something to deal with the deer.  The cages don't care 'bout no stinkin' horns.  >:( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 07:43:19 PM »

Yeah, that would be my problem with the lower fairings on the SEEG also.  Still, need something to deal with the deer.  The cages don't care 'bout no stinkin' horns.  >:( spyder

Spyder - only one time did my horns not stop a deer and make them run from me.  A big buck that decided to run parallel to me on the opposite side of the road.  But he did
turn left away from me into the woods.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »

Spyder - only one time did my horns not stop a deer and make them run from me.  A big buck that decided to run parallel to me on the opposite side of the road.  But he did
turn left away from me into the woods.
They're so fast and unpredictable, you just never know which way they're going to go....not sure they do either.  :-\ spyder
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.