Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: removing catalytic convertor  (Read 1738 times)

glenn bob

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra
removing catalytic convertor
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:28:28 PM »

I getting a 2012 Ultra CVO and I'm looking for some advice on how to get rid of the Catalytic convertor. (changing pipes etc;:  I'm looking for something I can have installed by the Dealer before I pick it up.  I'm in Indiana and will be going to CA were I'll never get anyone to do it.
GlennI'
Glenn bob

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Re: removing catalytic convertor
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »

I getting a 2012 Ultra CVO and I'm looking for some advice on how to get rid of the Catalytic convertor. (changing pipes etc;:  I'm looking for something I can have installed by the Dealer before I pick it up.  I'm in Indiana and will be going to CA were I'll never get anyone to do it.GlennI'

Look no further......Best Bang for the $.......http://www.fullsac.com/sleeper-kit-110.html

Depending where your location in CA. will be Jim (hd dude) is a member here and owns Metal Dragon...... None finer in the area to deal with  :2vrolijk_21:

That's my .02

Ride On and welcome to the forum  :2vrolijk_21:
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:08:08 AM »

I just ordered stock 96 headers from Zanotti which; are the same minus the cat and put them on. The reason I had to order them because I was late getting back to the dealer to pick up a set. See if your dealer can hook you up with someone that did a exhust change. Then I spoke with the fullsac guys when I ordered the core and they gave me some credit form my pipes with the cat in it so they can sell it. My .01 cent

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »

I just ordered stock 96 headers from Zanotti which; are the same minus the cat and put them on. The reason I had to order them because I was late getting back to the dealer to pick up a set. See if your dealer can hook you up with someone that did a exhust change. Then I spoke with the fullsac guys when I ordered the core and they gave me some credit form my pipes with the cat in it so they can sell it. My .01 cent

Trey,

Is your bike a '09? if so, then we had the option of a non cat head pipe avail.from the Mo Co. on the 96'rs
The Mo Co. changed the o2 sensors in '10 and later models, which makes the oe non cat '09 head pipe n/a
Just tryin to keep the info correct here for the forum family  :2vrolijk_21:
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »

I getting a 2012 Ultra CVO and I'm looking for some advice on how to get rid of the Catalytic convertor. (changing pipes etc;:  I'm looking for something I can have installed by the Dealer before I pick it up.  I'm in Indiana and will be going to CA were I'll never get anyone to do it.
GlennI'

Pick the bike up ride it to Calif, give Jim a call and he'll have it done in no time, Fulsac cross over and 2" or 2.25" baffles and fueling 574's cams with tune and your running strong. Jim's shop is near the San Franciso bay area.

glenn bob

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:12 PM »

Tks for all the replys.  Fulsac is sending parts to Harley shop.  Bike should be in sometime next week.  Will post pictures.
Glenn
Glenn bob

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.