Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Earth Quake hits East Coast 5.9  (Read 2448 times)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
Re: Earth Quake hits East Coast 5.9
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »

Agree and my explanation was how it was felt in so many places vs "localized". The reason (IMO) why it was in the media so much is because it was felt by so many... but hell... you know more about them then I do. :wall: ;D

Oh, and I might add the depth of the fault and the type of rock the fault is in plays a part in how widespread the effects are too.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
I would imagine that because of it's rarity on the east coast that it has hit the media hard too. Out here on the west coast, if we get a dirt devil going it hits the news as a tornado  :D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 08:53:43 PM »

I would imagine that because of it's rarity on the east coast that it has hit the media hard too. Out here on the west coast, if we get a dirt devil going it hits the news as a tornado  :D

That's what the news was saying....not that it was a big one but just because it doesn't happen that often back there is why it hit the news so hard back there.

It looks like they have a hurricane headed there way back there that has the potential for doing a whole lot more damage than that little roller. :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 08:27:18 AM »

West Coast gets E'Quakes and East Coast gets Hurricanes,

Since we got an E'Quake already, does that mean you (West Coast) will be getting a Hurricane?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.